Parking in Spain

keninpalamos

Just a bit of info on one place I have used in the passed. Agua Amarga, Nijar, Andalucia in the Cabo DeGata Natural park. The Rambla parking area has had a height barrier for about four months of 2.1 metres. It still seems to be in the guide books and on the net, camperstops, motorhomefun etc.

Good info we use occasionally ..I know end of last year they had lots of rain down there the road and beach where washed away as its a run off area (actually they call it a Wadi) in rainy times. So probably a safety

issue.

It shows the height barrier on Google Earth now so pretty much up to date.

296091384_AguasAmarga.PNG.0645ad2607a24818748cd29a94b2f5ca.PNG

I saw the damage the rain had done in late January but I think the height barrier has been a long time coming due to the amount of 'vans which could reach up to sixty some days. I used the word "rambla" as that is what it is called by the Spainish and in Agua Amarga. Wadi doesn't sound very Spainish and I've never heard it called that here. The two posts each side of the height barrier and the no camping sign to the right were washed away in January and no longer there. There is a small bank or earth there now stopping vehicles going around the barrier and just the other week a big hole opened up just the other side of the barrier. There is a road down the side of the rambla/wadi but no access is possible to the Rambla due to another height barrier, but thanks for the information and the picture.

keninpalamos - 2017-03-23 4:00 PM

I saw the damage the rain had done in late January but I think the height barrier has been a long time coming due to the amount of 'vans which could reach up to sixty some days. I used the word "rambla" as that is what it is called by the Spainish and in Agua Amarga. Wadi doesn't sound very Spainish and I've never heard it called that here. The two posts each side of the height barrier and the no camping sign to the right were washed away in January and no longer there. There is a small bank or earth there now stopping vehicles going around the barrier and just the other week a big hole opened up just the other side of the barrier. There is a road down the side of the rambla/wadi but no access is possible to the Rambla due to another height barrier, but thanks for the information and the picture.

I wondered where Uffington was!! i guess it must be in Spain?

PJay

YES!......well no :D I live in Uffington under the White Horse but as it happens I'm in Agua Amarga now. I have friends here so do spend a fair bit of time here in the Cabo de Gata Natural Park over winter and spring. Didn't mean to miss lead you PJ... Or anybody else. I've not been able to sleep worrying about it ;-) never thought about changing my "location"

keninpalamos - 2017-03-24 3:15 AM

YES!......well no :D I live in Uffington under the White Horse but as it happens I'm in Agua Amarga now. I have friends here so do spend a fair bit of time here in the Cabo de Gata Natural Park over winter and spring. Didn't mean to miss lead you PJ... Or anybody else. I've not been able to sleep worrying about it ;-) never thought about changing my "location"

Still not sure where it is. Buat least it is a real place then!

Any way, enjoy your time in Spain

PJay

PJay - 2017-03-24 9:04 AM

keninpalamos - 2017-03-24 3:15 AM

Still not sure where it is. Buat least it is a real place then!

Any way, enjoy your time in Spain

PJay

what? Uffington It used to be in Berkshire then it moved to Oxfordshire in the 70s but still lies between Oxford & Swindon just off the A420 nr Faringdon and is well known (although, not by you obviously??) for its 4,000 year old chalk white horse carved into the Berkshire downs,,, er in Oxfordshire. Not my fault, I didn't move the boarder??

Archived