Peugeot Boxer 1998 Digital Clock not working

MickM

Hopefully this is a quickie !!

Today the dashboard digital clock has stopped working, i.e no display.

Hopefully its just a fuse issue but looking at the only fusebox I can find (in the cab passenger drawer) I cant find any fuses that are blown.

However the signs showing which fuses are which are a bit vague so if Im actually checking the right ones or not?

Is there perhaps fusebox somewhere which has the fuse for the clock in it - Ive hunted but cant find another?

Ive attached a a few pictures showing the box, can anyone confirm which, if any, will be the clock?

Cheers

Mick

827850046_fuse1.jpg.934b9c9e0069556a85093fc0a775c534.jpg

1126040328_fuse2.jpg.fed67c605399eba13e94b7d1f994ac47.jpg

1997446392_fuse3.jpg.704b48be61306aa7fdbb1d5366835c97.jpg

1467056360_fuse4.jpg.4d40ef1d3ed6a64bbf23c8111d2d4f6c.jpg

This website relates to a motorhome based on an older-model Peugeot Boxer

http://www.ourwanderer.uk/peug1.htm

There’s a section relating to its fuse panel with a photo

http://www.ourwanderer.uk/photogal/1fusebox2.htm

that matches yours (though I notice there is a ‘piggy-back’ connector on Fuse 1 of your panel).

I’ve attached a copy of the Table of Fuses and this indicates that Fuse F3 relates to the front wash/wipe function and the clock. Fuse F3 is the bluish 15A fuse third from the left in the top row of fuses.

If that fuse is OK and the wash/wipe function works, I guess you are looking at a dead clock.

fusetable.jpg.fb1fb1893438ec57dcf4bfdde370e873.jpg

The clock will draw very little power, so a poor connection can be enough to stop it working. You could try removing any spade connectors and refitting them. If you do each one a couple of times it usually improves connectivity. Similarly check the earth connection if it is not wired through a multi plug.

• 3 weeks later...

AS MickT says above, Fuse 11 lists the clock.

If the radio, interior lights and lighter socket still work; it suggests that the clock module has either failed completely or more likely the backlight has blown. If you shine a torch across the display with the ignition on you might still be able to see the time but without the green backlight it would be invisible to you.

Have a look and let us know what you find. I will have a look and see if i have one knocking about and find out whether the lamp can be replaced.

N

• 4 years later...

Archived