Pilote Exploateur G683GD

Gregors

Hi All,

Happy New Year to you.

I have a Pilote motorhome and the side door has never has a complete blind or fly screen since I purchased it. It currently has a fly screen which is internal but I need to replace this and also the bottom internal blind.

I looked on line but can't really find the model i require I know its made by Seitz but thats about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this.

Kindest Regards

Chris

We have a Pilote Reference with a habitation door top to bottom fly screen that pushes across..

It has always, from new, been a pain to push across and a bad fit whatever fiddling we've done to it, and despite travelling to foreign places with loads of flying insects we have never really found the need to use it much at all.

Why do you need to replace the one you have and is it necessary to have one at all ?

Chris

I thought you owned a 2006 Pilote Explorateur G713 LG, but it probably doesn’t matter....

Assuming that your motorhome is 2006-vintage, it may well be that it won’t be possible nowadays to buy a new across-the-door flyscreen that exactly matches the one originally installed by Pilote. Similarly for the blind built into the entrance-door itself.

Suggest you do as you did when you could not locate the motorhome’s leisure-batteies and ask Hayes Leisure if they’ve got any ideas.

(The sliding across-the-door flyscreens currently fitted to motorhomes are generally made by Remis or Horrex.)

It is simple enough to make a curtains, both fly mesh and blackout, and hold them in place by any number of means and probably as effective and considerably less expensive and less aggravation than locating, buying and fitting a new blind that may or may not work properly.?

As the proud owner of a Pilote I can testify that spare parts from the Pilote franchise are not cheap.

I damaged the outside Heater door and was quoted £600 for a replacement door, fitting extra, but as it wasn't Gold plated I decided to look at an alternative repair solution - and saved over £450..

Take Trackers advice and save a load of cash.

Archived