Pilote/Le Voyageur step and manual.

alanedwin

Hello All,

My electric step has stopped working.

I am going to do all the usual things but I thought I would take this opportunity to ask if anyone has a manual for a circa 2003 pilote or Le voyageur as mine came with a sort of handbook but no technical data etc.

For instance I need to know where the step relay is.

I have searched the Internet to no avail.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Alan

Thanks for the replies, I will start investigations later today after changing the oil in the Rav4.

It's a single step, but I'm not sure of the manufacturer. It's on a 2003 Le voyageur 675 LVX.

I had a look underneath yesterday and can't see anything obvious or for that matter can't see the motor or any obvious wiring issues, I think it must be concealed by the step which is going to make it awkward! I think I will try to find the earth points first and check them as it has stopped working altogether.

I would still like to get hold of a manual if anyone out there can help.

It is retracted and won't come out at all from the switch. I don't know if the automatic retraction works because it's stuck in!

It's on a Mercedes 316cdi.

There are two relays under the passenger seat but without a manual or circuit diagram I don't know what they are for.

I am going to take the switch off first and make sure that power is getting to that.

I will keep you posted.

Alan

Hi Alan

Send LeVoyageur an email. They are most helpful.

Failing that chat to Chris at Hayes Leisure.

We did have a problem with a hymer and our local auto Electrician Garage rewired it in no time and charged vey little.

That one was stuck out.

Looking at the wiring diagram of the Omnistep something occurred to me. The fridge has been playing up on 240v lately, going on and off but working ok on gas and 12v. The step has been intermittent as well and I wonder if they are getting a false signal from the relay. Mine is further complicated by the fact that you can deploy the step with the engine running and the hab door open but it goes in as you close the door. I will check the door contact as well.

Alan,

Start by looking around the chassis battery located under the bonnet. Look for either added on fuses and/or relays or non original wiring from the positive terminal.

Our AT is also on a Merc chassis and AT added a small bank of fuses and relays on the side of the heater air intake very close to the battery.

Keith.

Archived