Posiflo 3000 pump issue

BS20

The water pump on our 2005 Autocruise randomly starts to run in the night. To stop it I have to either turn off the switch or run a tap for 10 seconds and it then stops.

Also sometimes when taps are used the pump will run after it is turned off for 15-30 seconds, loudly and first .

So I presume air is getting into the pump, so before I take it apart do you have any useful tips to look out for while it is being dismantled and are spares still available.

All pipe connections have been checked and tightened.

If I decide to change out the Posiflo 3000 pump what unit will be the best 'straight swop' as I believe Posiflo is no longer in production.

Had exactly the same with mine and in the end it just stopped working entirely strangely enough on the day we visited Caravan and Motorhomes show in Oct so asked at Whale stand what to do. They said can't service it myself and to get a new one under their 3 year warranty. Due to timing I actually bought the same model from CAK Tanks at the show and claimed under the warranty and Eldiss sent me a replacement and I sent back the old one to Whale in Norn Iron oddly enough earlier today. Didn't bother trying to take it apart so can't give any advice there. New one cost £95 and since I've now got a new one and a spare, maybe do a deal if you want to replace yours? PM me if interested.

BTW, it was dead easy to change, the connections for water are just speedfit push in plumbing and the electrics a standard plug in connector. Couldn't have been easier,

BS20

Posiflo water pumps had no connection to the Whale company...

This 2014 forum thread discussed the Posiflo 3000 pump and I’ve attached an image below

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Water-Pump/35842/#M432840

As the Posiflo pumps were ‘clones’ of SHURflo products, even though the former pumps are no longer marketed, this link suggests that some spare parts suitable for SHURflo pumps could be used to repair equivalent Posiflo pumps.

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/pumps-pump-spares-filters-c-538_539.html

However (assuming that your Posiflo pump was fitted in 2005) I’d be tempted not to bother trying to repair your Posiflo pump and just replace it with a SHURflo one.

If your Posiflo pump is a 3000-151-2201 model with a 7 litres-per-minute flow-rate and a 20psi maximum water pressure, then a SHURflo Trail King 2095-204-412 pump should be pretty much a ‘straight swap’.

The SHURflo pump is available on-line from £45 (examples here)

https://tinyurl.com/ukczzh3

You might need to obtain new connectors and fitting a new filter would be sensible - so buying a ‘package' that includes the necessary filter/connectors with the pump might be cost effective.

(Make sure you confirm your Posiflo pump’s flow-rate and water-pressure. That way you can be certain which SHURflo pump will be appropriate.)

POSiflow-Caravan-Marine-Water-Pump-20psi.jpg.0bf4c5701f7a92e93787e3bc38eb070c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived