Pressure washer damage

Barry38

Due to overuse of a pressure washer by my local over zealous vehicle washing team the vinyl side panel on my Autocruise van conversion has become damaged on the body joint.

Vehicle sign makers have been less than helpful and it seems "unable to obtain" similar wrapping material to possibly wre-wrap the panel to match existing

Does any Autocruise owner (I believe the same panel material was used on several Autocriuise conversions) have any experience of this and a possible remedy?

I’ve learnt from bitter experience not to use a pressure washer on a pvc. My previous van had been resprayed after conversion and when I used a pressure washer paint started coming off the over cab area. Impossible to match as converters had used their own paint. Was quoted £500 to respray. Sold van to friends who were happy to have slightly tatty van.

Swift subsumed Autocruise in 2007, so a 2009 Rhythm will have been a Swift-built product.

The SwiftTalk ‘hub’ is now defunct

https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/owners/swift-talk/

but a Swift dealership might be able to advise on where to get the side-panel material. Some current model Swift PVCs seem to have a similar decorative ‘look’, so the same material miight still be being used.

Thanks Derek - you are spot on with your reply.

The vinyl panel is cracked vertically from top to bottom at the point where the body is joined and vertically welded and obviously spoils the side panel look of the vehicle which I like.

As a trial measure I am considering a suitably designed decal applied over the damaged area to see what it looks like - not sure what to expect or whether in fact it would adhere satisfactorily to the slightly textured surface.

In the meantime I will look for a Swift agent but in my area it might be like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Archived