Pro tour by HGV solutions

gadjo

Hi

doing a search yesterday and I came across this product from HGV solution it's Pro Tour, it's like Por cab but for caravan and motor homes.

It' a down load or CD for your sat nav where you can put the dimentions of the vehicle in and the it will work out a route avoiding low bridges ect. It's only for the UK at the moment.

There will still be the odd draw back, I expect, like it will ony know what it knows and may still take you down roads which have not been mapped but it does have the facility to look at the last 5 miles or so and re route if needed.

I just wondered if anyone has used this or does anyone know anything about it.

Personally I think it's a good idea and a at cost of around £50 saves you buying another sat nav with all the bells and whistles you dont need ;-)

Cheers

Hi I think this is just a set of Poi's, for things like bridge heights and road widths. I have bridge height Poi's on my tomtom. You can set Tomtom to warn you as it nears a Poi, you then have to tell it to recalculate a different route, not so easy if your driving and as for asking the wife to do it! no chance. (lol)

So their not giving you anything you haven't got or can get for free.

Olley

Archived