Problems with Marquis

Jinner

Anyone had problems with Marquis Devon? I bought a 2nd hand 05 Trooper in April (£29K) - leaking roof. It took them until June 14 to have a look at it, nearly a month later it went back to Autosleeper and as of today (Aug21) thats whwere it still is. I have had to do all the chasing to get any action or info and get the impression that once they have your money you are nothing but a pain ..........Even their "After Sales Manager" seems unconcerned and uncommunicative. Dont dealers have an approved code of conduct?

Nick,

Sounds just like Marquis.. It took them six months to get a shower try replaced for me under warrentySpeaking to a friend last weekend who bought a M/home from them, the electric step was sloping sideways when extended. Thats OK said they, no it aint says friend its not fit for use nor is the vehicle if we cant get in and out, fix it now or (Iwill ring trading standards) fixed immediately. His opinion of Marquis is not printable.

But then they are owned by Autospleeprs who are in turn owned by some big Italian company. Well big is------.

David

I had problem with my Autocruise Starburst. Rang Marquis Herts.First question did you buy vehicle from us answer no.

Vehicle is still under warranty',you are a Autocruise Dealer.

Answer yes but you'll have to wait about six to eight weeks before we could look at it. In other words don't wont to know.

I personally wouldn't touch Marquis with a barge pole.

The journey up to the Midlands to original dealer was arranged within a week to look at the problem who sorted it out in ten minuets.

Long live Brownhills.

Going to Kent his weekend and on Tuesday van goes into Brownhills Canterbury for habitation service they even phoned me this morning to confirm the appointment.

That's what I call service.

David (grumpyman).

David (grumpyman)

Dave (Grumpyman).

Hi Jinner

Bought my first coach built from Marquis in Dorset. Had no end of problems with it, also with the actual service from them.

Wrote to their Head Office listing all the problems and although I did get a reply eventually, asking me to take it back to them to have a look at what I had picked up, I decided that by then I had had enough of Marquis and did all the faults myself (Helps having been in the trade)

Nedless to say have not touched Marquis since.

Now use Becks Motorhomes, very local, small family owned business, great service.

Don't think you can beat your local guy, normally

(lol)

Baz

I bought a Duetto from Marquis, Preston 6 weeks ago. The attitude you describe is identical to some of the difficulties I had - mostly very pleasant but not sure what was going on and not making much of a effort to find out. There is a problem with the passenger seat swivelling and I was hoping to take it direct to the Autosleepers factory but have't got around to arranging it yet. You haven't filled me with optimism. Have you not got some rights under sale of goods act, should talk to trading standards. Good luck.

Col

I bought a secondhand Rapido from Marquis Motorhomes, Tewksbury branch, a couple of years ago now.

Whilst on holiday in Europe a few months after I had bought it, I noticed severe cracks in the shower tray and rang Marquis on my mobile to report it as the guarantee was due to expire before my return home.

I was assured it would be replaced on my return and to ring them when I got back to make the appointment. Through no fault of Marquis, it took quite a few weeks to get the new tray as Rapido would only supply the tray to Brownhills ( they sold the motorhome to the original owner), Marquis then bought the tray from Brownhills and rang me.

I travelled down and it was fitted that day. Speak as you find....I'll buy from Marquis again.

Col - 2007-08-21 9:41 PM

I bought a Duetto from Marquis, Preston 6 weeks ago. The attitude you describe is identical to some of the difficulties I had - mostly very pleasant but not sure what was going on and not making much of a effort to find out. There is a problem with the passenger seat swivelling and I was hoping to take it direct to the Autosleepers factory but have't got around to arranging it yet. You haven't filled me with optimism. Have you not got some rights under sale of goods act, should talk to trading standards. Good luck.

Col

If you can take it back to Autosleepers in Willersey you will find they are excellent. Charles Trevelyan is a true gentleman of the old school, and can't do enough to help.

My only worry is that the passenger seat might be a base vehicle issue rather than A/S, so email Charles first to get clarification. This email address is the best for getting to Charles quickly. Just add a little header note and Barbara will have it on his desk within minutes.

barbarah@auto-sleepers.co.uk

Hope this helps

P.S. Just remembered. While I was there someone else in the waiting room had a similar problem - the seat would not lock in place and swivelled alarmingly all the time. If you grovel under the seat with a torch there is apparently a spring with a hook or catch under there which operates the locking latch. This gets detached (unhooked?) occasionally, and although it's a bit fiddly it can easily be put back - and might save you a long journey if that's also your problem. If you can't decide where to re-hook the catch, a quick visit to your local Peugeot (is it?) dealer should do the trick.

Hi there

As an owner of a Duetto it would be an Autosleeper call needed as Ford don't fit the swivel base.

The swivel can be a bit stiff and needs a bit of persuasion to turn, we have found you can make up the bed with the seat turned (ours is a 2005 model) It is a different swivel base to our previous Duetto and not as good to use.

Is it a leaky roof on the low line Trooper or the usual Autosleeper pop up roof used for many years (we are guessing low line model as the others don't seem to have a fault) ? I would talk to Charles at Autosleeper unless of course you decide to ask Marquis to change it as a gesture of goodwill they can only say no but they should think of their reputation lol.

Thanks for the advice Old Git (sounds rude). I am fairly sure it is the swivel as it seems to give a bit when you extend it after turning it round. My son (who works for Fords!) has had a look at it and reckons it is the swivel bit which is at fault. Will get in touch with Autosleepers soon.

Col

Archived