RAC Arrival; 2 quotes £65.70 difference for same cover.

jb6981

I put into Google "rac european cover arrival".

The third listing down from the top of the page is 'Caravan and Motorhome Cover - RAC ....Arrival"; I clicked on the link, landed on an RAC page with an Arrival logo and selected the following options; Personal Joint, Roadside Rescue, Recovery, Onward Travel and European.

Total cost: £308.58.

I then clicked on the fourth listing down which is; "Arrival Breakdown Cover Camping and Caravan Club", This takes you to CC and C page, I then clicked Arrival for Motorhomes on the left hand side of the page, then clicked on the link under the heading 'Get Arrival breakdown cover today'. This takes you to a slightly different RAC page with an Arrival logo.

I inputted exactly the same options and the quote was now £242.88 - £65.70 difference for the same cover on the same day. So if you want an Arrival quote go through the CC and C site. [Arrival in conjunction with RAC European Cover has no weight limit for motorhomes]

paulmold - 2016-08-30 8:14 AM

Seeing as the Arrival scheme is only available through the C&CC, I don't understand how you were able to get the quote without going through the C&CC.

| explained in the post, if you go direct to the RAC website it offers Arrival with it's European cover, but if you go direct to the CC and C site it redirects you to the RAC site but to a slightly different page and a lot cheaper. Try the links I mentioned in the post and you will see what I mean.

Robinhood - 2016-08-30 8:41 AM

...I suspect that the difference is that the higher quote is for non-members (as the page says), and includes the first year joining fee and a year's membership, whereas the lower quote is for existing members, and therefore doesn't.

If that was the case the price would be £43 more and not £65.70. The RAC site offers FREE membership of the CC and C worth £43; so the price quote should be the same as for someone who is already a member. Here is the link:

http://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover/bundle1

Click on the link and get a quote, then go to the CC and C site and get a quote for the same level of cover and compare. So in reality you save £22.70 by becoming a CC and C member and going to the RAC through the CC and C website. The free offer ostensibly saves you £43 but then charges you £65.70 for the same cover, therefore it is not free.

jb6981 - 2016-08-30 8:54 AM

If that was the case the price would be £43 more and not £65.70.

...plus the potential of a 10£ joining fee (dependent on the nature of C&CC sign-up)

The RAC site offers FREE membership of the CC and C worth £43; so the price should be the same.

...depends on the interpretation of the word FREE (since it technically isn't a C&CC offer, presumably the RAC are interpreting it as "inclusive".

I can't argue that it isn't misleading, but there isn't a huge difference in cost.

Robinhood - 2016-08-30 9:09 AM

If that was the case the price would be £43 more and not £65.70.

...plus the potential of a 10£ joining fee (dependent on the nature of C&CC sign-up)

The RAC site offers FREE membership of the CC and C worth £43; so the price should be the same.

...depends on the interpretation of the word FREE (since it technically isn't a C&CC offer, presumably the RAC are interpreting it as "inclusive".

I can't argue that it isn't misleading, but there isn't a huge difference in cost.

The RAC offer of £43 free membership is also slightly misleading. Online membership of the C and C Club is £37 (paying by direct debit), paper membership is £43 (direct debit) and paper non direct debit is £53. I pay £37 so I save £22.70 plus £6 - £28.70, as you say not a great saving but not to be sniffed at and why pay more?

I have no idea why you get those figures for Europena breakdown cost but I am a member of the C&CC and have Arrival Uk breakdown cover and it only cost me £89.70 to add the Eurpean cover option for the whole year. The total cost of both UK and Continetal cover will depend on what level of cover you purchased for the UK.

peedee

peedee - 2016-08-30 8:19 PM

I have no idea why you get those figures for Europena breakdown cost but I am a member of the C&CC and have Arrival Uk breakdown cover and it only cost me £89.70 to add the Eurpean cover option for the whole year. The total cost of both UK and Continetal cover will depend on what level of cover you purchased for the UK.

peedee

Er, that's what it costs me actually, £89.59 to be precise for the European cover.

Then add all the extras - Personal Joint, Roadside Rescue, Recovery, Onward Travel = £153.29, plus £89.59 for European cover; Total £242.88. That's where I get my figures from!

The cheapest cover comes to £50.39, then add European cover @ £89.59 - Total £139.58. But this only covers one person with no recovery or onward travel.

jb6981 - 2016-08-31 12:33 AM

peedee - 2016-08-30 8:19 PM

peedee

Er, that's what it costs me actually, £89.59 to be precise for the European cover.

Then add all the extras - Personal Joint, Roadside Rescue, Recovery, Onward Travel = £153.29, plus £89.59 for European cover; Total £242.88. That's where I get my figures from!

The cheapest cover comes to £50.39, then add European cover @ £89.59 - Total £139.58. But this only covers one person with no recovery or onward travel.

Thanks for the further explanation. I knew I had paid nothing like that, now I understand why.

peedee

Archived