Re;Venice and Rijeka trip

Grumpy Grandad

Thankyou to everyone for your advice on routes for our recent trip to Croatia.

The Aire at Cambrai is now closed off, although we did still manage to park for the night overlooking the lake.

We stayed at Camping Kockelscheuer in Luxembourg for 4 nights then eventually to the Erwin Hymer museum at Bad Waldsee. Highly recommended!

We then followed your route through Austria Brian, great views, and we stopped for coffee at Lake Resia.

Camping Serenissima near Venice was the first time we saw any other English vans.

Croatia was lovely with beautiful clear and warm sea.

The journey back was uneventful apart from when we stopped at Merano for the night. When we arrived the large car park was full of cars, plus another 8 motorhomes. Six-o-clock the next morning we were woken by the police and told we had to leave as a huge market was being erected around us.

Unfortunately on our way home I felt very on unwell and on going to our local hospital have been diagnosed with Leukaemia, but we are still hoping to go back out to the Black Forest area next year.

Thanks again to everyone for your advice

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

That sounds like a bitter-sweet experience for you. The first part sounded fantastic but the Leukaemia diagnosis came as a bit of a shock. I hope you get sorted soon.

It's a long time since I was last in Rijeka and I'm sure it has changed massively since the early 90's.

I would be interested to see any photos of the harbour etc as it would bring back a few good memories.

Best wishes, and good luck,

Andrew

Glad you found the route worked out well, Stuart. Hope you also found Serenissima served your needs? I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, and hope the treatment proves successful. We have a neighbour who has been living with leukaemia for years, and it hasn't yet prevented her trotting all over Europe! Good luck.

Archived