Remoska

sandalwood

New user, manual recipes take long time! Any cooks here can give EASY quick recipes? We fish and chicken eaters. Plus bits of vegetarian. Can I cook whole chicken etc?

Gratefully received, do not want to spend hours cooking and preparing!

Regards

We use our remoska regularly - basically treat it like an oven, only taking care to protect with foil anything that is liable to burn because it’s close to the heated lid. Whole chicken cooks fine,but unless you have a Grand Remoska it will only take a smallish one. Does amazing ratatouille-type dishes.

If you google “Remoska recipes” you should find loads.

sandalwood - 2018-05-21 1:00 PM

New user, manual recipes take long time! Any cooks here can give EASY quick recipes? We fish and chicken eaters. Plus bits of vegetarian. Can I cook whole chicken etc?

Regards

It is a fairly slow way of cooking. It is good, and cooks well, but if you want fast, I think you have the wrong appliance.

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-21 3:25 PM

sandalwood - 2018-05-21 1:00 PM

Regards

It is a fairly slow way of cooking. It is good, and cooks well, but if you want fast, I think you have the wrong appliance.

Brian, generally my wife who uses it - she reckons it takes very little longer than a domestic oven - clearly it’s not microwave- or fryer-fast, but equally it’s not a slow cooker.

We lived in our van at one point for about 3 months and remoska was used regularly. Eggs were a problem but we cooked all sorts from pizza, pies, stews,baked potatoes,fish. Nearly everything took about one hour regardless and we just left it to do it’s thing. Still in use domestically but now mostly for baked potatoes.

My friend swears by hers but she has never cooked me anything in it. I thought it was expensive and heavy so I opted for an Air Fryer. Don;t know why its called that as its a small fan oven. You don't fry anything in it. Its low voltage but with the fan it does cook quicker.

Archived