Roscoff to Tuscany 2017

RFC7

Hi Everyone,

First overseas motorhome trip looming, and Tuscany is calling! I would welcome any information from other forum members who have completed this trip. Best routes, recommended sites, anything positive or negative would be welcome.

Proud owner of 2015 LHD Hymer Exsis i588.

RFC7

Can't advise on Tuscany , as never been there. But for your first trip, if going from September, I would get the ACSI camping card from Vicarious Books . Gives discounts , and saves the cost within 2 nights!!

Also maybe an Aires book.

Look on Vicarious web site , plenty of books and in english, also do maps etc

Enjoy your first trip abroad.

PJay

Mike88 - 2017-06-19 8:05 PM

Why go to Tuscany from Roscoff? Much cheaper to drive further in this country so as to enjoy a far more economical and shorter ferry trip..

Think he might live in Ireland Mike. Hence the Ferry to Roscoff. Does make italy a long journey though

PJay - 2017-06-20 6:43 AM

Mike88 - 2017-06-19 8:05 PM

Why go to Tuscany from Roscoff? Much cheaper to drive further in this country so as to enjoy a far more economical and shorter ferry trip..

Think he might live in Ireland Mike. Hence the Ferry to Roscoff. Does make italy a long journey though

Let's hope he is going for a long holiday as he is likely to spend over a week travelling.

Now the the thing about Tuscany, apart from the scenery, is what do you want to see and do?

Are you into the Renaissance and church art,what about the churches and Duomos with celebrated artwork or is your idea of bliss 4 hours in the Uffizi looking at the history of art? Do you want to see how much the leaning towers lean? Or to look at all the towers in San Giminano where mine is bigger than yours was all the rage. There's one famous one but lots of others lean. How about the horse racing in Siena or would just standing in the square work as an experience and wondering how the heck they manage to race horses around the square.

Are you into the wine and want a trip around the vinyards, Chianti or Montepulciano? Or is it the old hill towns with their ancient houses and amazing views? Or do you fancy somewhere on the beach, we like Baia Verde near Grossetto (out of season). We also found Lago di Balsena earlier this month, a super site on the lake , pleasant swimming nice site (until it gets full). The drive north on the minor roads past Siena heading north was stunning!

So the thing is, what interests you? or would you just want a bit of everything? and how long have you got?

We've done alot of Tuscany over the years and we keep finding new things. We generally travel in the shoulder seasons when we can use our ACSI card, its cooler then and usually pleasant weather wise rather than the heat in the summer,

cheers alan & sue

Archived