Salamanca campsite recommendations please

snowie

i have stayed at Don Quijote, its ok but a bit run down, and is a 6 km walk along the river to the centre, if you have bikes it's an easy cycle as its virtually all flat.

A friend of mine stayed at Regio, it's behind a hotel and is a little closer to the centre and the buses stop outside, free fast wifi as well. Same price as each other if i were to go to Salamanca again, nice place, i know where i would stay.

Safe trip.

We have stayed at Regio twice in the winter.

It is part of the hotel complex, you register at the hotel reception.

You get discounted meals in the hotel brasserie which are good value.

Town centre bus terminates in the hotel car park - very useful.

Ground conditions can be muddy in the winter, not tried the showers as it was too cold :-D

Recommended for a short stop.

We always stay at Camping Olimpia, Salamanca, but it is only ever for one night. It is a very convenient stopover and is ideally placed at Exit 225 on A62. There is a very nice restaurant at the front which does excellent food. Its a bit far out unless you have transport. Highly recommended.

Hi

We have stopped at Regio 3 or 4 times, only ever on the way down south, when it has been very cold. The site is fine and has some of the largest showers we have ever seen with lots of hot water. Its an ACSI site and as mentioned you can get discounted meals in the hotel- they were nice and reasonably priced.

Regio would always be our preferred stop because of the facilities and the convenience of the bus to town.

If you wanted to head further up try Zaragosa, the campsite is much better than some reports suggest and the city is a joy.

Bob

Ok feedback:

We tried Regio

After trying 4 hookup bollards, all of which scared me witless! All had charred 2-pin connectors, all showed polarity issues with both of my connection cables.

Site is pretty rundown, didn't check toilets and showers but washing machine looked ok.

Receptionist doesn't appear to get many people leaving having registered. Told him I thought it was unsafe electrically.

Others seem to disagree , 12 or 15 maybe.

Now at Don Quixote, feel safer despite euro 3pin showing rev pol with both leads. Probably means no earth? Site much better condition. And Acsi €17 same as other one. No comparison.

I'm surprised at people's standards

Oh it's snowing now

Cheers

Alan b

Thanks Brian; just hoping we can get into and out of Salamanca without getting soaked! Shame to miss it.

Also looking forward to our debrief and totting up the cost.

Tolls will figure more than usual.

Great country

Nice people

Cheers

Alanb

snowie - 2017-03-22 5:04 PM

Ok feedback:

We tried Regio

After trying 4 hookup bollards, all of which scared me witless! All had charred 2-pin connectors, all showed polarity issues with both of my connection cables.

Site is pretty rundown, didn't check toilets and showers but washing machine looked ok.

Receptionist doesn't appear to get many people leaving having registered. Told him I thought it was unsafe electrically.

Others seem to disagree , 12 or 15 maybe.

Now at Don Quixote, feel safer despite euro 3pin showing rev pol with both leads. Probably means no earth? Site much better condition. And Acsi €17 same as other one. No comparison.

I'm surprised at people's standards

Oh it's snowing now

Cheers

Alan b

We found the same when we stayed there a few years ago and vowed not to return that is the reason we didn't mention it.

Regio certainly splits opinions - we've stopped there twice, first time okay, second time awful. There won't be a third time.

Site scruffy. EHU seemed unsafe. Toilet block fine. Service in restaurant abysmal - waiter literally threw plates down in front of us (& others on special campers deal.). Worst food we've ever had in Spain by some margin. Complained to manager, total indifference.

Solwaybuggier - 2017-03-24 10:24 PM

Regio certainly splits opinions - we've stopped there twice, first time okay, second time awful. There won't be a third time

Certainly does, and I think quite a lot of sites split opinion, and getting worse overall rather than better in my opinion.

Some might suggest not using sites therefore, but chemical waste grey waste and clean water have to be dealt with responsibly somewhere. Even in countries with an Aire system this is not always as widely available as we might like.

Take care

Regards

Alan b

Archived