Servicingstop - the online vehicle service booking people

Malo37

Recently had my motorhome serviced using Servicingstop. They presented me with the invoice demanding immediate payment 'in order to secure the release of your vehicle'. This before the final scope of work was known due to unavailability of spares, and therefore the before the cost was known. After three phone calls they admitted overcharging by £146. Promised to call me back when van ready for collection - no call received. They just reissued the invoice too late to allow me to collect the van that day.

Servicingstop also issued a note confirming that my vehicle would be collected and returned to my home address (as advertised on their website) when in fact the garage doing the work refused to do so due to the distance involved.

The final bill with the inevitable add-ons which they say is not part of 'their' service, looks like being no cheaper that the main dealer.

Furthermore, if you don't check it carefully, the payment section of Servicing stop's website automatically adds an additional payment towards your next service. (unbelievable). When I collected the vehicle it was dirty with oily bootprints all around the drivers seat. Several of the maintenance tasks included in the service as advertised on their website were not done. (i.e. remove and inspect wheels and brakes, record brakes and pad condition, change air filter) The service book was missing - I called them and they said they would post it back - not received to date.

Draw your own conclusions.

Forgot to mention this. On checking the online review sites, several of the reviews for Servicingstop seem to have been posted by themselves. Nobody uses words like 'fantastic' and 'amazing' to describe a vehicle service. Also it is noticeable that the 'posters' if they exist, don't to seem to have posted ratings for anything else.

That's absolutely disgusting, I'm speechless these people can run a business in this way.

When I started out running my own business a million years ago my old dad (a good business man himself) said me, just one word of advice, "do a good job at fair price and you'll succeed because if you cheat anyone you loose them and they tell lot's of other people", exactly what happened here.

I think your letter should go on as many forums as possible.

Archived