Shower problem in my 2007 Hymer 682 CL (on a ford chassis)

Mr Motorhome

Hi all

Shower problem in my 2007 Hymer 682 CL (on a ford chassis).

Can anyone advise if, when turning on the shower, the water pump should kick in? I'm assuming it should in order to pump the water from the tank to the shower head.

A few weeks back I had to 'bleed' the system, taps etc, after the plastic water feed from the water pump had come loose. Taps are now working fine. We've only had the MH a few months (our first) so not used the shower at all yet.

Not sure if it will just be something simple like a blown fuse but I'm not able to locate any fuse for the shower.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks ;)

The Hymer water pump is triggered by a micro-switch located in the top of each tap (including the shower).

If the micro-switch is faulty then the water pump will not be triggered.

If you haven't used the shower yet, how do you know it's not working ?

Try the sink tap and then open the shower at the same time, if water runs from the shower then the fault is with the switch/wiring of the shower tap.

The wires in the tap can snap due to constant bending and the switch can fail. Both can be fixed easily, so back to the dealer if you bought from one or if not time to get your tools out.

H

Try the sink tap and then open the shower at the same time, if water runs from the shower then the fault is with the switch/wiring of the shower tap.

The wires in the tap can snap due to constant bending and the switch can fail. Both can be fixed easily, so back to the dealer if you bought from one or if not time to get your tools out.

H

If you find that your problem is the micro-switch you can access this from the top of the lever (assuming it's a Reich tap - normal Hymer fitment).

Remove the 2 blue and red plastic inserts with a sharp knife. This will reveal a screw which you undo. Then pull the lever off. You will then see the switch held in the base of the lever.

If you find it difficult to gain access to the rear of the shower unit you will then have to connect the new micro-switch to the existing wiring within the tap. This will involve soldering the wires together and wrapping the joint with insulating tape.

It's generally easier to replace the micro-switch to bathroom or kitchen taps because access is easier from underneath where the electrical connection block is normally located.

Get your tools out and give it a go. I've got a spare micro-switch going free plus P&P so send me a PM if you're interested.

Ok, had a go at removing the tap on the shower to expose what I believe is the contacts etc. (See pic below). It seems the small bow shaped piece has come loose. I've tried connecting it as I think it should be connected and the water pump activated so it seems the micro-switch etc is working fine. However, the pump is on all the time no matter what position I have tap/lever set to.

In the picture below, would people say the contact position is 'on', ie the pump should be activated and by separating them the pump should be off? The contacts must have been like that since we bought the MH and the pump hasn't activated but now, when I switch on the 12 volt system, the pump is permanently on! Confused now!

Regards,

image.jpg.642748d8199de4946ff72093362b854b.jpg

Thanks, Robbo. I had a quick look at the other taps but they have a different watvof working. I was thinking I could look inside to see if the internal switch was set up the same but they don't seem so easy to take apart! May have to pop it down to my local MH service centre. Thanks Gain for your advice ??

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived