Sigma S34 problem. Help needed!

Clintswife

Hi everyone. So today we were showing my sister and her husband around our MoHo as they are borrowing it for a few days. Suddenly and for no apparent reason the alarm started to sound. The radio keys didn't seem to work and we keyed in our pin a few times - eventually the alarm stopped. However now the radio keys don't work and when we turn on the ignition the hazards flash continuously. The keypad is also not recognising the pin code as it flashes red when I enter the number. We're now totally lost for what to do and extremely embarrassed as my sister's weekend away looks to be cancelled. Can anyone help? ( ps Van is 2 months old) TIA

I have the Sigma 34 with keypad on our MH.

First have you tried to start the vehicle ?

Is the vehicle battery flat ?

You can check what the Sigma unit sees as battery voltage by turning on the vehicle ignition then type 8 on the keypad followed by turning the ignition off. The dashboard LED will flash approximately the vehicle battery voltage, i.e. 12 flashes = 12 volts. If it flashes about 10 or less then this will indicate low voltage and will affect the security system. If so charge the vehicle battery and then try the radio keys again.

Alan

Clintswife - 2017-08-18 5:54 PM

Thank you Alan. In the end we used the RAC who came out & disconnected the Alarm so the MH could be driven. The guy said it was a faulty control unit. So it's back to the dealer we go!

Hope you get it sorted as soon as possible. We have had 2 Sigma alarms on different MH's and touch wood have been OK to date.

Alan

Archived