Spain Green corridor

curdle

Guest pelmetman

They'll prolly ignore the 90 days in 180 day rule too ;-) ..........

I think I may test my theory this winter :D .........

curdle - 2021-03-04 10:18 PM

Just to make plain. Spain will ignore EU decisions if required and arrange a bilateral agreement to accept UK citizens with a vaccine passport.

Bilateral theres the snag do We want them coming here while We got the drawbridge up lets keep it up until next year when we can see how its panning out

pelmetman - 2021-03-05 9:28 AM

you might be right about the Spanish ignoring the 90 day rule but when you get back to the ferry/tunnel in france they will not be so forgiving, fine or be banned for 3 years in the EU.

another good thing with brexit???????? haven't found one thing yet

I am going to wait till the EU get better vaccination rates. Worst case 100 holiday vans, say 85% protection of the 15% remaining 10% get only mild symptoms 3% very unwell 1% lives with long COVID you can guess the rest. Just hang on a bit longer.

People, even with valid residency applications, are being refused entry to Spain at the moment, even though the UK Gov website says that a valid residency application should allow entry to Spain. The 90 day rule will be applied unless there is some way an agreement can be negotiated between the various parties. Using the Spanish ferry routes will not or should not avoid the issue.

That's fine as long as they tell you they are going to ignore it and not use it as a money spinner when you arrive at Santander or Bilbao. Plus you will have to leave the EU directly from Spain and not some other EU picky country like France or Belgium who will empty your van of ham sandwiches and screw you for everything you have or don't have :-D

EEK! let us know how you get on.. I can see the only way round this for me is to marry my Spanish girl friend......Actually I think I'll risk the fine :-D

teccer1234 - 2021-03-05 11:41 PM

you might be right about the Spanish ignoring the 90 day rule but when you get back to the ferry/tunnel in france they will not be so forgiving, fine or be banned for 3 years in the EU.

another good thing with brexit???????? haven't found one thing yet

That's partly true in so far as it has given us something to worry about now. Before this I didn't have a care in the world. My girlfriend lives in Bilbao so I doubt I'll be going to France again. I think any UK plate will be pulled over, pulled up, pulled in or just plain pulled. The French will love it I'm sure. It will be like the proverbial Turkey shoot. :-D

Archived