Stainless Steel Tea Mug

John52

Lidl currently has 500ml Ernesto Stainless Steel milk jugs - perfect for a decent sized mug of tea in the van.

Not just unbreakable..

Brews a better mug of tea than a pot mug because being thinner it doesn't absorb so much heat.

They don't burn your mouth like enamel mugs because the flared lip keeps cool

And if your tea gets cold you can pop it straight on the gas ring. B-)

915838803_ErnestoMilkJug.thumb.jpg.6680e311bda53d885b877a7e3719e72a.jpg

I've been using a stainless mug at work for many years, sometimes if I remember I take it with us in the van.

As john says, makes a good cup of tea, you'd have to run over it to break it, plus it keeps warm longer, this you really notice if standing it on a cold surface.

John52 - 2018-11-18 3:55 PM

Lidl currently has 500ml Ernesto Stainless Steel milk jugs - perfect for a decent sized mug of tea in the van.

Not just unbreakable..

Brews a better mug of tea than a pot mug because being thinner it doesn't absorb so much heat.

They don't burn your mouth like enamel mugs because the flared lip keeps cool

And if your tea gets cold you can pop it straight on the gas ring. B-)

Don’t get it. If the the thought of drinking tea is not bad enough, the prospect of drinking it out of a metal mug is just, for me, awful. But thought of it being reheated in a metal mug if just unbelievable!

I’m off to make another cup of filter coffee and sit quietly.

Not for us either, if our tea goes cold we chuck it out and make a nice fresh one to enjoy out of a lovely bone china mug, or if we are feeling really posh, the best bone china cups are used!

Stainless steel or enamel are OK on the boat at sea where breakage is more likely, but even then wemuch prefer a proper drinking vessel on any vessel.

My poor mug met with it's demise at a French toll, - I hold it in a clip above the cab, - While getting out to put money into the toll machine on the right I knocked it off with my shoulder and it rolled out of the drivers door and under the van. -

Couldn't reach it so I pulled the van forwards to collect it - not so easy in a queue and unfortunately the back wheels of the van ran it over, - no more mug :-D .

It was supposed to be unbreakable, - fortunately only about £4.50 from a Service station, - need to get another at some point.

Bet the tea will taste Horrible out of a stainless Jug by the time it cools enough not to burn your lips. I had a enamel cup once used it to clean paint brushes after first try at drinking out of it

You can keep your fine China and metal containers. I drink my Tea from a glass vessel .......

........ a Jamjar to be precise.

It stems from a background of poverty. :-(

Until I was 21, I thought knives and forks were jewellery. 8-)

witzend - 2018-11-19 4:34 PM

Bet the tea will taste Horrible out of a stainless Jug by the time it cools enough not to burn your lips. I had a enamel cup once used it to clean paint brushes after first try at drinking out of it

Unlike a straight enamel mug, it doesn't burn your lips, even when boiling hot, because the flared lip keeps relatively cool.- Being so thin it conducts little heat relative to its cooling surface area.

Stainless steel doesn't react with the tea so can't alter the taste. Thats why they use stainless steel in food manufacture. :-D

Tracker - 2018-11-19 5:04 PM

747 - 2018-11-19 5:00 PM

Until I was 21, I thought knives and forks were jewellery.

I shudder to think what you now reckon they are for - or shouldn't I ask?

Indoor gardening maybe, for the plants you might grow in any discarded jamjars

Discarded jamjars! .... are you mad? 8-)

We cannot afford to throw anything away that is valuable ...... bleeding rich Suvverners! >:-(

Oh dear, I did not mean to offend you, I just thought that having been on a diet of jam butties for so long you might by now have a surfeit of jamjars. Silly me!

Personally I prefer marmalade, but it has to be in a marmalde jar not a jamjar - jamjars are for the poor folks wot lives up Norf in all the rain and wind - especially wind!.

• 6 months later...
Derek Uzzell - 2019-06-01 8:17 AM

This type of product is available elsewhere in several colours

http://belladog.co.uk/product/posh-paws-stainless-steel-dog-bowl/

but - as one might expect for the extra sophistication - decorated pet bowls are considerably more expensive.

Cool B-) ...But does the paint burn off when you stick it on the gas ring to heat your soup :-S

Archived