Sumvision cyclone micro 4

sreve

Hi there

I have always used a cyclone micro 3 media player connected between my ext' hdd and avtex 12 volt tv and it has worked perfectly,however it has now died so i need to buy a replacement. I never use mains hook up so it must be able to be powered with 12 volt. There is a cyclone micro 2+ and a cyclone micro 4 but I am not sure if these can both be powered by 12 volt and whether they are readily available. Can anybody help me out with any info' and/or any alternative devices that will do the same job.

Thanks

The Micro 4 takes its power from a USB socket, either directly from the included USB power cable, or via a mains adaptor similar to a phone charger. I can power mine from one of the USB sockets on my Avtex TV, but on some TVs it will depend on the current available on the USB socket, if they have one.

It might be a case of searching auction sites, as I seem to recall they were discontinued some time ago.

The Micro 2+ 4th gen seems to be a current unit. You can download the manual for that device from the support section on Sumvision's website. It should tell you what its power requirements are, but as far as playing media is concerned it seems to have simiolar functionality to the Micro 4 plus more besides.

https://sumvision.com/product/red-socks/

Archived