TV SIGNAL PROBLEM

KasKrn

Hi all,

I have 12/240 avtex tv in a 09 swift mondial rl and through a process of illumination discovered that when the fridge unit runs up it pixelates the tv and sometimes blacks out the signal,all together. I have a ferrite core on the power cable. Have tried on both 12 and 240 supplies and no difference.

Help, it’s starting to do head in now.

Thanks in advance of receiving knowledge and wisdom and no doubt the odd witty comment.

Hi,

Since yours is a UK manufactured MH, it would be logical to assume that the fridge is a 3 way lpg / 12V / mains powered model. However your use of the term "runs up" when referring to the fridge starting makes me wonder if you have a compressor fridge.

If in fact you have a compressor fridge then it is possible that the TV interference is being generated by the fridge supply electronics.

You mention the use of ferrite cores, but have you fitted these to the TV or the fridge, as both may have both 12V and 240V supplies? If in fact you have a compressor fridge it would be worth trying ferrite cores on the fridge supply lead. However if your query relates to the ignition of the gas supply to a 3 way fridge, then fitting a ferrite core to the permanent 12V supply may help. Interference from this source will only be of short duration.

What sought of aerial are you using with the TV, indoor or outdoor? An outdoor aerial will give a better signal.

Alan

Hi Alana,

No,isn’t is not a 3 way fridge it is the compressor type. However things have now moved on a piece.

Currently it we turn on any 12v supply apart from 1 of the cabin spotlights and one roof light the tv gos to, well you get my drift. So I am now starting to think that it may be an issue with the signal amplifier box which is a status 315 omni system. It seems to be the only common point.

Cheers

Kev

I recently had trouble tuning our tv in whilst at a rally at Newark, so I bought one of these aerials and it’s tuning in more stations than our flying saucer type ever did

Necvox ANT-536 Necvox Digital FreeView TV Aerial Antenna Portable Magnetic Mount from EBay.

John.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Necvox-ANT-536-Necvox-Digital-FreeView-TV-Aerial-Antenna-Portable-Magnetic-Mount/252483391632?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Archived