TV in Spain

harry the horse

Your absolutely right, it works and it's illegal just like "FilmOn" and many others but I have to say I hav'nt seen any detector vans roaming the streets of Spain or anywhere else. Perhaps if the TV companies, Sky etc had given the expates a chance to come clean rather than cut them out of the system by moving footprints satellites etc they would have jumped at the chance to pay. PS. No I don't have UK TV down here in Spain.

Hi, I recently purchased the icecrypt decoder fro Maplin for use in conjunction with my Amateur radio equipment.

I cant understand the comment about legality, as it is initially capable of receiving free to air channels from any of the satellites, and I have it set up at home to drive a dish via the DISEQC motor system to enable reception from Astra 1 ,Astra2, And Hotbird satellites.

It is possible also to buy decoder cards of various types, but not sky, to enable reception of some continental coded stations..

I guess the legality comment might refer to the viewing of certain midnight viewing sometimes available, using pirated decoder cards.

?.

Tonyg3nwl

Cor! I wish I was into all this stuff & could get my Crystop Autosat2 DVB up and running again. It gave up a few years ago. I can make the 85cm dish move about on the roof but that's all it does. Dosn't recognise satalites, stations etc. it use to work fine until Astra 2 was moved north or something along those lines so now I just watch Spains free to air digital channels from a Teleco Teleplus2 aerial some being broadcast with duel language which is ok. It's the news etc I miss. How is Gorden Brown doing since taking over from Tony Blair?

Archived