TYRE PRESSURES

KEVB

MY MOTORHOME, BESSACAR E560 HAS CONTINENTAL 215/70R 15 CP TYRES

THE FIAT HANDBOOK SAYS TYRE PRESSURES FRONT 5.0 bar REAR 5.5 bar

THE PRESSURE STAMPED ON THE TYRE SAYS 69 psi.

WHICH IS THE CORRECT PRESSURE. WHEN DELIVERED THREE TYRES WERE 64psi & ONE tyre 69.5psi.

Best way is to go to a weigh bridge get your axle weghts and gross weight then contact Continental for pressures .

For example my MH had michelin tyres fitted and the Fiat door sticker said 80psi, i contacted michelin who advised 65lb all round.

On changing to continental they have given me pressure of 54lb front and 62lb back.

The bessacarr quoted pressures, which should be on a tag inside the drivers door frame seem about right, and are based, I believe, on running a fully laden vehicle. (However does the tag say +/_ .5 bar?)

If you can load to your normal running weight, and weigh on a weighbridge, then email Continental with vehicle details, tyre details and the two axle weights, they should give you a specific set of tyre pressures.

Bear in mind that in the event of an accident claim, one of the first thing insurers check is the tyre pressure.

I have a Bessa 465 on Michelins which I run at 5 bar all round.

KEVB - 2009-08-15 2:41 PM MY MOTORHOME, BESSACAR E560 HAS CONTINENTAL 215/70R 15 CP TYRES THE FIAT HANDBOOK SAYS TYRE PRESSURES FRONT 5.0 bar REAR 5.5 bar THE PRESSURE STAMPED ON THE TYRE SAYS 69 psi. WHICH IS THE CORRECT PRESSURE. WHEN DELIVERED THREE TYRES WERE 64psi & ONE tyre 69.5psi.

The number moulded into the tyre is relevant only to the US, for the single tyre load shown against it. 

The pressures quoted in your Fiat handbook sound a little as though they may be relevant to Michelin Camping tyres, and may possibly not be correct for the Continental CP. 

I think you may be wise to contact Conti with the axle loads permissible for your chassis (i.e. from your VIN plate), and see what they recommend for these loads.  The handbook will quote pressures applicable to the maximum load at each axle. 

If you weigh your vehicle, and find you are running at lower loads, you may be able to reduce the pressures, on recommendation from Conti, if the standard pressures do not suit you.

Archived