The Big Freeze

keninpalamos

What I want to know is, when is this cold front going to let go of the Mediterainian coast in Spain. I'm just north of Barcelona, in Palamos but will be heading south down to Almeria/ Mercia area next week after 2 months here visiting friends. It doesn't look much better down there though at the moment with snow on the beach near Alacanti according to Spain's TV weather girl 8-)

Guest pelmetman

Thunder lightning & heavy rain here at Calpe, plus its freezing cold 8-) ............

Reminds me of Skeggy in the summer :D ............

:D bugger! I'll stay put for a bit longer. At least it's dry here but only 3c last night, the wind has dropped so doesn't feel so cold now and plenty of sun to re charge the battery for the heater blower tonight. I got through a bottle of Repsol in just over a week :-D (Propane) at 11.34€

Mild here in N E England. Had a pleasant walk with the Dogs this morning and nearly broke into a sweat.

I feel so, so sorry about the expense the Snowbirds went to just for a bit of warmth and sunshine. As Windsor Davies used to say, "Oh dear, how sad, never mind". :D

We have been going to Spain /Portugal Morocco for the last 15 years but this year we are home in Sunny Southampton, hard frost this morning but just spent an hour in the garden with a couple of Lagers watching the birds on our bird feeders and in Tee Shirt, beautiful warm sunny day here . you pays your money and takes your chances as they say hee hee.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-01-19 10:25 AM

pelmetman - 2017-01-19 8:55 AM

Thunder lightning & heavy rain here at Calpe, plus its freezing cold 8-) ............

Please keep posting, I'm enjoying this :D

It's a useful reminder of what we're missing back home ;-) ...........

Apparently normal service will resume next week B-) ........

well John, it's Friday morning @ 09.41am in Palamos Cost Brava and it's sunny spells some cloud and 15c my turn :D

Guest pelmetman
keninpalamos - 2017-01-20 8:44 AM

well John, it's Friday morning @ 09.41am in Palamos Cost Brava and it's sunny spells some cloud and 15c my turn :D

Almost back to normal today, suns out a bit cool and contrary to the forecast dry B-) ....

Archived