Thetford CS200 leaking feeder pipe

jak

I am currently suffering from what I suspect is a leak in the flush feed supply system which results in fresh water accumulating and flooding the lower cassette tray area. With the cassette removed I can actually see a continuous drip of water from a pipe that is visible in the upper housing. I am currently parked up on site and need to resolve the problem quickly as the quantities of water are not insignificant and I don't want water overflowing into the lower motorhome body shell.

Can someone advise me how to access the upper section of the toilet to get at the flush feed system. I have limited resources at present but wonder how easy it would be to interrupt the feed supply. I would be really grateful if anyone can provide a link to a disassembly instruction article or pdf.

The problem has nothing to do with the lip seal. The drip is evident with the cassette removed and although I have not tasted the water I am convinced it is fresh (or as fresh as one can get in London) so please do not advise on the lip seals and associated issues.

I to had this problem , it means that the solenoid is leaking, Derek is right about the video 3 showing how to replace it. However it's not for the faint hearted as in the video access is on a bench at shoulder height, in reality you will be in a very confined space and working on your knees. I managed to replace it, but with lots of swearing. Good luck!!

Thanks gents,

I am currently parked up in Crystal Palace and need the toilet but had temporarily de-powered the pump which was functional but inconvenient. I managed to find a 8/10mm bolt and some PTFE tape which I have adapted as a plug then removed the feeder pipe via a plastic connector and used a jubilee clip to clamp it all down and now I have a non flushing and more importantly non dripping Theford toilet.

Thanks for the links to the You Tube info. On seeing it I suddenly remebered having actually ripped the toilet apart some 5 or 6 years ago. Your right Dethleffs it is a bitch but it is worth noting that when disconnecting the screws it is possible to rotate the bowl such that the fixing is at the front and more accessible - otherwise you need to be either double jointed or tiny - preferably both.

One thing that threw me was when I disconnected the feed line the water escaping from the pipe became very hot - I presume/hope it was syphoning back from the boiler. The van has been off the road since mid June when a kamikazee Spanish driver tried to wipe us off the face of the earth - failed but then hit a Renault Twingo and finally a BMW X5 which it did totally destroy. As a consequence the side of my van which suffered relatively superficial damage has had one side totally resprayed and external fittings remounted. This refit involved ripping out all of the rear shower, sink and external Thetford toilet door fittings, etc and I am presuming they got the pipe reconnections right.

For all I remember dismantling the bowl I can't for the life of me think exactly what, if anything I replaced. Its possible I simply re-tightend a leaking joint. Is the solenoid a common failure item?

Thanks once again.

Archived