Tow bar for Swift Bolero

Frank Beevers

Your Bolero will need a Type Approved towbar, a lot of companies do them but if you need chassis strengtheners (as my Autotrail did) then they are not cheap, and take the best part of half a day to fit.

As for the spare wheel, only the towbar fitter can tell you accurately.

As stated Towbars now need to be Approved. Witter cover all the Swift range & also offer a "connection box" that links in to the Fiat canbus system. They can supply, supply & fit or have approved fitting centres around the UK. Their towbar I had on my previous van was simply put into position & bolt on, no drilling etc.

http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towbars/towbars.php?make=Swift-towbars&id=95

I agree Frank, my Autotrails towbar was 750 pounds,(4 years ago) but that did involve strengthening the rear chassis, and took the fitter all of the morning to fit. I would get quotes from other companies besides Witter before spending all that money.

I also towed my car on an A Frame, a Toyota Yaris, and can thoroughly recommend it, mine was a Car-a-tow frame, which are a bit on the over engineered side (heavy !) But i got mine cheap on Ebay, and beggars cant be choosers. The most expensive bit was getting the car frame fitted and car converted. But the rig towed well for 4 years or so, I only gave up towing because i was 70 this year, and have just had a couple of heart operations, so didnt fancy the medicals for keeping my C1E, my van was 4250kgs.

I have now downsized to a PVC.and so far all is going well. Good luck.

Archived