Truma 4e boiler

IVAN

Truma 4e boiler. I'm clutching at straws for a answer. The boiler won't work. I've replaced the cable and both controls (all brand new). When you turn the switch on, the boiler clicks,the green light comes on but so does the red one (flashing). No lights come on on the control switches at all. There should be a yellow one on the power control and green one on the other and a orange one during the heat-up phase. I've also pressed the reset button on the boiler. NOTHING. Any tech minded owners out there with any suggestions ?

I believe your motorhome is 2009-vintage.

I assume your Truma “Combi” heater used to work OK but then failed to operate properly and you replaced the cable and both control switches to try to cure the fault. If that’s correct, it might be helpful to know if you were advised to do this by someone with Combi technical familiarity, or just decided to do this yourself.

Truma’s Combi 4 operating instructions for your heater are here

https://www.truma.com/downloadcenter/combi_4_6_operating_de_gb_fr_it_nl_dk_es.pdf

The trouble-shooting list is quite short and the advice for what I understand is happening in your case is

FAULT - After the heater is switched on, the green LED is lit and the red LED blinks

CAUSE - Electronics are defective

RECTIFICATION – Please contact the Truma Service Centre.

There’s also the advice

Red LED “Failure”

The red LED (h) will be lit if there is a failure.

Please consult the Trouble-Shooting list for possible causes.

A reset (fault reset) is carried out by switching off, waiting until all LED’s on the control panel have stopped flashing, and then switching the heater on again.

The ‘reset’ button on the heater itself relates to overheating when the heater is running on 230V - I can’t see that pressing it will have any useful effect on your problem. There are a couple of replaceable fuses on your heater that you might want to check, but your heater seems to be ‘live’ (albeit reporting a fault) which suggests that fuse-failure is not likely to be the culprit.

The following link to a listing of Combi(E) flash codes may help with diagosis

http://users.telenet.be/S-cargo/manuals/bcl_769_2_1_0_en.pdf

I have just had my combi 6 repaired.

The fault code showed the controls but this can also be the same for several other faults. It wasn't the controls after it was tested with new controls and new circuit board but turned out to be the fan.

For me it was better to take it to an expert, I used Whispaire ltd in Romsey Hampshire if you are near.

Good luck.

Archived