Truma TT2 water heater

keninpalamos

My A/Sleeper has no hot water system but has cold water. And a Propex space heater. Has anyone fitted or used Truma's TT2 heat exchanger and emersion heater combination to heat camper van water? It works by rerouteing the warm air piping through the Truma T20 heat exchanger and then into your living space as normal. Also the emersion heater can be used on EHU. The down side is that you have to have the heating on and the upside you don't need to make a vent hole in the side, floor or roof of you van for the burner flue as there is no burner. Anyone?

I’ve no hands-on experience of Truma’s “Therme” appliances, but they have often been fitted to caravans.

Truma’s Installation and Operating instructions are here

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/40_000/40020_40100.pdf

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/40_000/40020_40000.pdf

It should be noted that Therme is designed to be used with a submersible pump and no non-return valve, which may well complicate integration into a leisure-vehicle’s existing water system.

The efficiency of heat transfer from your Propex space heater’s air trunking to the water in the Therme would depend on how close to the Propex appliance you can site the Therme, but operation on 230V (300W) evidently can heat a Therme’s 5 litre-capacity of water to around 60°C in under an hour.

The only thing that sticks in my memory about Therme is being told in 2000 by a Truma technician that geat care needed to be taken regarding cold-weather draining as the boiler’s plastic construction was very vulnerable to frost-damage.

The following YouTube video-clip may be of interest as it demonstrates how simple the appliance is

Your right there Derek. No none return valve and a submersible pump, plus taps with micro switches is going to be a challenge on An Autosleeper pop top that has none of that. Best hang on to the kettle a bit longer and try and work something else out. Again, thank you for the information.

Archived