Truma secumotion

grandadbaza

Help please,

I have a Truma secumotion regulator and a Truma Duo Comfort and 2 pigtails to my 2 propane bottles , last night the gas ring on the cooker would not light so I assumed the gas bottle I was using was empty , so I turned on the spare and pressed the button on the pigtail and the button on the regulator as normal for 3 seconds , went inside and the gas came through and lit for about 2 seconds then went out ,then nothing , everytime I press the 2 buttons the gas comes through and lights for a couple of seconds .

Any advice on which bit is at fault would be appreciated

The system is about 6 years old except for the pigtails they where renewed as part of my Hab service in May

Have you tried using any other gas appliance?

If none will work then it sounds like your regulator has failed.

I would hazard a guess that the failure may have been caused by your new pigtails :-(

Are they rubber? If so it is likely that the gas has 'leached' the oily plasticiser out of the hose and blocked the regulator.

The cure will be a new regulator and if you want to try and prevent a recurrence change to Stainless Steel Pigtails.

Keith.

It's not something really silly like empty bottles ?

I did that to myself when putting on new gaslow gauges and did not tighten them enough. They wobbled on the rubber conical tips letting gas out when we travelled. Probably a good reason to use secure motion when travelling.

Rgds

First step .... Get someone to hod the button in while you try. I have known someone who had this problem and it was a faulty button.

Second step .... It is probably the regulator gummed up. Some countries put men in space. We cannot even design a reliable regulator. I blame the EU .......oops sorry, got my threads mixed up. :D

Matrix Meanderer - 2016-06-23 5:09 PM

I've got a brand new secumotion "valve" for sale if you want a replacement.

Device only for a propane cylinder, no hose. eBay item number:131854980907

Thats what I have just had renewed but complete with the hoses , so I assume that bit is ok

grandadbaza - 2016-06-23 6:31 PM

Keithl - 2016-06-23 5:55 PM

Keithl - 2016-06-23 12:05 PM

Have you tried using any other gas appliance?

Keith.

(?) (?) (?)

Yes I tried the fridge and the water heater and they both went off after a couple of seconds

Thanks.

It sounds like your new hoses have contaminated your regulator, either go back to whoever did the work and ask them to rectify or just replace the regulator and put it down to experience.

PS There is some useful info on page 8 of this GasLow leaflet re regulator positioning... Link.

Keith.

Thanks for all suggestions , I tried all various things , swapping pigtails around down to the obvious checking there was gas in the cylinders .

I then disconnected the 2 pigtails from the DuoComfort then disconnected the DuoComfort from the top of the regulator ,and then connected one of the pigtails to gas bottle then directly to regulator ( meaning I can just connect one bottle at a time ) , then tried it and all works well , so the problem appears to be the DuoComfort part

have you been using the Duo Control unit when you switch bottles...?

it needs to be rotated to the appropriate position to allow flow from that bottle.

im not sure but, as one way is for the left bottle and one way is for the right bottle, it may be you have turned the Duo Control valve to a 'centre' position which wont allow flow from either bottle?

bolero boy - 2016-06-24 2:09 PM

have you been using the Duo Control unit when you switch bottles...?

it needs to be rotated to the appropriate position to allow flow from that bottle.

im not sure but, as one way is for the left bottle and one way is for the right bottle, it may be you have turned the Duo Control valve to a 'centre' position which wont allow flow from either bottle?

I tried that , turning it fully clockwise and anti-clockwise

Archived