Truma water heater. Rapid.

harry the horse

• 1 month later...

At the recent NEC show I asked Truma about this problem.

A technician called John explained the water was coming from the drip tray that sits below the boiler.

I explained that I'd inspected the boiler by taking the robust plastic top cover off.

I could see no frost damage (dimpled markings on the top). I do drain down in severe weather.

He suggested I remove the outside cowl (6 screws) & poke some robust flexible wire up the tray drain pipe to clear any debris. A quick wiggle, job done!

It worked & am delighted!

Ps I was quoted up to 1k by some dealers to rectify

harry the horse - 2017-02-17 5:51 PM

What causes water to drip from the heater cowl on the outside of my van. I can see a metal overflow pipe it's coming from that.

Thanks

H

Are you talking about the heater exhaust/air inlet on the side of your MH ?

This 'cowl' is the same as a balanced flue on your gas boiler at home and when running on gas an amount of water vapour in the exhaust from the heater will condense to form water droplets that come from this 'cowl' and it is more prevalent when the external temperatures are cold.

Alan

The Truma “Ultrastore Raid” boiler does not have an overflow-pipe. It does, however, have a condensation-pipe that (as Harry says) drains the boiler’s drip-tray to the outside of the leisure-vehicle.

The condensation-pipe emerges through a hole below the boiler’s intake/exhaust and is numbered “7” in the left-most drawing on Page 9 of this Truma document:

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/70_000/70020_85200.pdf

Archived