Using Fridge on gas

violet1

I have a 2004 Hymer and so far have only used the fridge on 12v and hook up, I want to be able to wild camp so thought I would check the fridge on gas. My model has 2 dials, one for power source, one for temperature control, the manual advices to turn power to gas and push in temp control dial but my dial doesn't push in, tried it in various positions but no luck, also the model in the manual has a power light that mine doesn't.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi Violet,

It sounds like you have a manual for an older model. Check the model of yours by looking for a sticker inside the fridge or google for model numbers.

If you have the same fridge as our 2004 AT all you have to do is make sure the gas is turned on and then turn the selector knob to 'Gas' and should hear the igniter clicking until the gas ignites. The orange light labelled 'Gas' should then be on constant. If it flashes it signifies that the flame failed to light. We normally burn the cooker ring for a minute or so to ensure gas is flowing before trying to light the fridge first time.

Keith.

Archived