VW California VED

twooks

At long last VW have woken up to the facts of motorhome life and have re-classified the conversion - see extract from the site

From Wednesday 1 October all new Californias will be registered as Private Light Goods vehicles (PLG), taking road tax down to £185 a year. We've achieved this significant result after extensive discussions with the SMMT and DVLA, to confirm that the California complies with the EC definition of a 'Motor Caravan'.

All new Californias will automatically default to PLG on AFRL, so you can't make a mistake in the rush for registrations.

Understandably, existing California owners will want to reduce their road tax. We will be explaining how they can reclassify their vehicles as PLG on Desktop soon.

B-)

As I understand it - the issue has been resolved by individuals, but VW have been advising dealers that the correct rate is as a 'car' £210 [i think] not as PLG.

The last time I was in my VW dealership I told them - again - that they were wrong and that potential customers would get distinctly pi55ed off if they had to correct VW's error.

VW have now agreed that they should be getting it right in the first place and will in future register the vehicles correctly.

see *-) ;-)

B-)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived