Ventura Cadet Awning?

Ronnieus

Hi all. Has anyone on here own/owned the above? If so can you give me any advice please, are they any good etc? If not can you recommend anything similar? We have a Autocruise Starburst MH on a 09 plate. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Many Thanks

Phil

Hi

As no replies, I will ask the question,, do you really need one? As many on here will tell you, including myself, we buy them and only use them once as, if you move around the country, there a pain to put up and get down and take up a lot of storage. If you really do need one and only stay in one place perhaps other readers may help.

Not heard of this particular model but agree with the other poster.

Awnings do give plenty of extra room space where we can sit and store stuff plus an optional bedroom. They have their place.

We have a Kampa Midi, - Putting it up is pretty straightforward, peg it out, pump it up, internal air beam in, pegs and ropes around the edges and you are there, taking it down is another matter, getting it back into it's bag is a terror, it requires either my wife or I, sometimes both to actually lie on it to squash it flat enough, looks ridiculous 2 adults rolling around on the ground.

and if it's wet we have to take it home and dry it. it weights a ton and is very awkward. - Given the cost I think they are verging on a waste of time, and hassle vrs practicality, often hassle wins and we don't bother, especially for one night camped up somewhere - I would recommend a hard think, do you really need it?

How easy is it to pack the thing away?, how heavy is it? - that seems the real test.

Archived