Vets in Boulogne sur Mer

Bailey

Hi Bailey

Forget the search ... it's having a tantrum again and won't play (does it quite often!). So, instead I've done a 'Google' search and it found the forum link for me!!!!!

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14643&mid=154149

The vet we tend to use is based at Ardres, near Guines (not to be mistaken with Andres!). It's called: Clinique Veterinair Du Camp Du Drap D'Or. We've used them for years and they are very good and reasonably priced, around 41 euros if we provide our own worming and flea stuff, or 70 euros if they provide it (for 2 dogs).

However, there's another vets nearer to Bolougne Sur Mer which we found when we were last there in July - one of our doggies hurt herself the day before we were due to come back so we had to go into Wimereux and saw a very nice vet who speaks extremely good English, at:

Clinique Veterinaire Des Docteurs Popieul Dominique Morin

47 Rue Napoleon

62930 Wimereux

Tél. : 321834602

When we were waiting to be seen a French lady came in with her dog to get it's pet passport sorted, in readiness for a trip to the UK, so they are aware of the procedure.

I would be wary of using a vet in Bolougne itself - we did it twice, the first time it cost us 107 euros for two dogs!!!! The second time, unfortunately, we had to use them due to circumstances and it was even more expensive. Not a chance we'll go there again.

As for sites, I'll have to leave that to others to say as we rarely use them although there are quite a few aroud the Ardres/Guines area - there's actually a nice Le Castel chain one which I think still accepts the ACSI card so that might suit, it's got an indoor pool and a separate smaller kiddies one with a water slide ... great fun!!

http://www.camping-bien-assise.fr/en.html

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. We used the Vet in Ardres as recommended at a cost of e31.60. I'm not sure where the 60c came from. I'm not used to that as at home everything is usually rounded up to the nearest e5 or even e10!

We also stayed at the 'Castle' site in Guines. We had stayed there before but had forgotten it. We had a lovely few days there.

Thanks

(lol)

Archived