Waste Water

Keith G

Hi All

Can anyone help me with the diameter of waste pipe for my motorhome - just tried the tape measure and it appears to be about 20 mm inside diameter but most products seem to be 28mm.

I need to replace the tap which broke off as a result the pipe becoming detached from the spring - clip holding it in place. This may also mean replacing a length of the hose as well and using a straight connector to join but need the actual diameter required,

Many Thanks

B-)

To get a more accurate measurement (unless you have a micrometer handy) of the internal and outer diameter of our waste tank spigot I pressed a piece of fairly thick paper against it leaving an imprint that could be measured with more certainty.

Hope this helps - more importantly, you get your replacement waste pipe.

David

Aquatic shops sell many diameters of flexible plastic pipe and connections usually at low prices – and you can get whatever length of pipe you need cut off a roll.

It cost me a couple of pounds at a local shop for 3 metres of 40mm pipe for the waste pipe on my MH.

Keith

I think you own a 1996 Auto-Sleepers “Executive” motorhome.

In the 1990s most UK motorhome manufacturers used a ‘caravan’ approach for their models’ water systems, (and some still do!) which meant narrow-bore thin-wall waste-water hoses. It’s quite likely that any caravan dealer will stock suitable hose, though (as Spireite suggests) you might well get something better from an aquatic equipment retailer.

Archived