Water leak from shower tap

TeePee

I have a 2004 Auto Sleeper Duetto which has a toilet and shower. The shower tap is a lever which pulls out to start the water flow and you turn it left or right for hot or cold. The tap is leaking when I turn on the water pump. The leak is coming from the lever and is quite substantial. I have been to my local caravan repair centre at Tiddington, Oxon, but they were not interested. "we only service caravans" !

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pop the little red/blue button out of the lever then loosen the hidden allen screw with a small allen key and lift off the lever. Now unscrew the large brass nut and remove the cartridge, note VERY CAREFULLY which way round it is located.

Take the cartridge to your 'caravan' dealer and ask for a replacement without mentioning it is from your MH.

Keith.

Screwfix offers two “Flomasta” ceramic tap cartridges - 40mm-diameter or 35mm-diameter. The latter size is most common for the mixer taps fitted to leisure vehicles, but there’s no 100% guarantee that a ‘standard’ 35mm-diameter cartidge will be suitable for every shower mixer tap.

If TeePee measures the diameter of the present cartridge and it’s 35mm, the Screwfix 35mm cartridge is likely to be OK, but COVID-19 has complicated buying from Screwfix (I was there this morning).

So if TeePee can source an exactly-matching cartridge locally (Oxford Caravans?) it might be worth paying an additional few pounds.

and a thanks from me too! I hadn't realised that Screwfix did the cartridges. Another wee job for the weekend...

Deffheads - 2020-09-26 10:34 AM

Check out Scewfix for the cartridge, it will be a fraction of the cost of a motorhome dealer. I carry a spare cartridge and it only cost £ 4.76. Flowmaster ceramic.

:->

Archived