Waterless Washing

timandjen

I use Triplewax waterless wash, seems to work quite well and leaves behind a bit of a shine. best to clean the bodywork properly and lay a good coat of polish. Then the waterless wash works brilliantly for a season or so and is easy to carry onboard for removing bird grime dead flies and muddy puddle splashes :-D

• 2 weeks later...
Do NOT use AA Car Essentials Waterless Wash and Wax with Carnauba. Someone recommended it to me because it works well on a car. Luckily I tried it on a small area on spare wheel compartment cover. Ended up with tiny pin head black marks and it was removing top layer of colour from my motorhome. It did put a shine on it though *-) I just use Autoglym products and Bobby Dazzler polish. Haven't dared to use any waterless products since.

Fenwicks "Bobby Dazzler" (BD) is not a polish - it's a water repellent that one might apply to a vehicle after it had been carefully cleaned.

https://fenwickscaravan.com/product/bobby-dazzler/

In my garage is a bottle of BD that I bought some 20 years ago. I tried it out on my first motorhome but ended up with water-marks everywhere, At an NEC Show I spoke to a Fenwicks rep about this and was advised to 'shammy' the vehicle immediately after applying the BD, but I just decided not to use the stuff.

For waxing (not polishing) for many years I've used Bilt Hamber "Double Speed Wax".

https://bilthamber.com/

Thank you Derek for pointing out that I'd used the word "polish" when mentioning Fenwick's Bobby Dazzler. I could have written " The Unique Coachwork Finish, The Protective Film With a Dazzling Shine. Instead I mistakenly used the generic term "polish" expecting any reader to know what I was referring to...my apologies for any confusion

Archived