Waterr problems

Armstrong2

Waterr problems  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Always drain. Chlorinated mains water loses its chlorine content when stored in ventilated tanks, which motorhome fresh water tanks are. Thus the water is liable to become contaminated, and whatever contaminants are present are liable to grow and breed. Algae can build up to a slimy, usually transparent, mess within the tank, that in most cases (due to limited access) would prove difficult to clear. Other organisms, if present, will do as nature dictates. My reason for draining is to avoid such problems, on the basis that the effort is negligible, the cost ditto, and the benefit a clean, uncontaminated tank. So, my question in reply: what is the advantage of not draining?

I always drain down the fresh water tanks after each trip. We don't drink water from the tank but do use it to clean our teeth so I prefer not to do this using water that has been sitting in a tank for possibly weeks. As Brian says, it is no real hassle so why not - you need to drain down the waste tank so just do both at the same time.

I always drain down after every trip, and flush out the system when refilling before a trip.

We never use bottled water, and and drink straight from the tank. In our 26 years of owning a motorhome we have never suffered from this practice.

Prior to 2016 we made many trips to NZ where we also did not use bottled water. Again no problems, but in NZ we only used the filling hose supplied with the rented MH, and not those left dangling on campsites.

Alan

Archived