Wensleydale

Pete-B

hi Pete- B

do you mean the site at Hawes?, if you do then yes we have stayed there and it is fine. Just a short walk to a lovely little village with lots to do in the area. A number of shops and pubs for meals etc, sure you will like it.

cheers

derek

ps, check on the livestock auction its great to watch.

Ingleborough caves nearby.

river fishing.

Do you mean the site situated on road from Leyburn to-wards Hawes?

Have not stayed there , but son lives close by in Askrigg, so have passed it many times.

I would think you would need bikes , as not much around there, . Pretty area but hilly!!

Also take plenty of provisions, Apart from Hawes/Leyburn and a small village shop in Askrigg,

Askrigg is the village where "All creatures great and small" was filmed, and the pub (one of three) has lots of memorabilia, also of course does Hawes.

PJay

PJay - 2017-05-25 8:44 AM

Askrigg is the village where "All creatures great and small" was filmed, and the pub (one of three) has lots of memorabilia, also of course does Hawes.

PJay

Another con, sadly. Alf Wight originally wrote it as a collection of tall stories he had heard on his rounds. Publisher rejected it, and suggested it would be more interesting if he wrote it as if all these stories had happened to him ' *-)

Then he had to change itt again because his partner 'Sigfried' threatened to sue him for libel,(and was only placated by 'James' giving him a share of the revenue, and rewriting it to make 'Sigfried' look less of a skinflint ). (lol)

PJay - 2017-05-25 8:44 AM

Do you mean the site situated on road from Leyburn to-wards Hawes?

Have not stayed there , but son lives close by in Askrigg, so have passed it many times.

I would think you would need bikes , as not much around there, . Pretty area but hilly!!

Also take plenty of provisions, Apart from Hawes/Leyburn and a small village shop in Askrigg,

PJay

Just looked up Cc web

The site at Harmby, ? Outside of Leyburn

Anyone thinking of going, please be aware the toilet blocks are closed for refurbishment until the end of June. Still charging full price though, which I thought was a bit cheeky!

Having said that, it is a nice site. Lovely area.

yorkist - 2017-05-26 1:28 PM

Anyone thinking of going, please be aware the toilet blocks are closed for refurbishment until the end of June. Still charging full price though, which I thought was a bit cheeky!

Having said that, it is a nice site. Lovely area.

I think you are referring to the Hawes site. The OP is talking about the site near Leyburn at the other end of Wensleydale.

Archived