Why drive for miles and miles in a mobile box.

Will86

The sky is blue and the grass is green.

2 miles up the road is a CCC site worthy of any in Europe. Acres of space with everything you need.

The cost is nothing and the stress is even less.

Why oh why do some spend hours and hours travelling to experience similar features.

Your all mad

Will

Hmm let me see? The Jungfrau Valley in Switzerland, Gavarnie and the Pyrenees national Park, The Dolomites in the Italian Alps, Kayaking across Lake Maggiore or drinking cocktails on the beach around St Tropez, Wild camping on top of an Alp, Scootering through the Lavender Fields in Provence or staring down the Verdon Gorges.

Vs

Gatwick on a Campsite. 8-)

Must admit, its a tough one. :D

Barryd999 I hope you take a white peg so you can park appropriately? We have been to sweden etc wild camping on lakes/woods. Spoilt for me as I forgot my white peg.

That said isn't it great we all have different ideas of fun.

Steve k

stvekay - 2017-06-17 11:56 AM

Barryd999 I hope you take a white peg so you can park appropriately? We have been to sweden etc wild camping on lakes/woods. Spoilt for me as I forgot my white peg.

Steve k

I don't understand the white peg reference. I need enlightening . . . off to Sweden in the van for the first time in Sept.

Im not sure why Sweden got mentioned but I get the white peg thing. I dont use campsites if I can help it and would run a mile from anything that involved pitch numbers and certainly pegs!

My post was just a bit of fun. Enjoy your motorhoming where ever you like be that Sweden or the services at South Mimms on the M25. :D

Trolling again Will. :D

I have no need of leaving my own property to see open countryside, just at the moment I've got a Spitfire displaying overhead, which raises the question, why would I need to buy a metel box and drive it couple of miles down the road to a site which will in all probability be crowded and not have anywhere near the sights I have with shared facilities.

Don't we all drive around in little or big boxes?? Cars are boxes on wheels as well AND we would all be lost without one!

I know I have just given up my own car,( after 50 years)and now share with OH, so have to plan when Oh is playing golf

PJay

Will86 - 2017-06-17 10:56 AM

2 miles up the road is a CCC site worthy of any in Europe. Acres of space with everything you need.

Why oh why do some spend hours and hours travelling to experience similar features.

Your all mad

Will

You've clearly been getting it wrong, Will! :-)

It isn't the campsites (or whatever) that most of us travel to visit, the campsite (or whatever) is merely the means to an end - the end being to experience the different landscapes, cultures, architecture, and peoples, that comes with visiting different countries.

If you didn't leave the campsites, no wonder you found it boring!

Brian Kirby - 2017-06-17 4:21 PM

Will86 - 2017-06-17 10:56 AM

Your all mad

Will

You've clearly been getting it wrong, Will! :-)

It isn't the campsites (or whatever) that most of us travel to visit, the campsite (or whatever) is merely the means to an end - the end being to experience the different landscapes, cultures, architecture, and peoples, that comes with visiting different countries.

If you didn't leave the campsites, no wonder you found it boring!

Funny enough Brian, I know several people whose prime reason to use motorhome or caravan seems to be just to get away from their house, was talking to one t'other week and they where heading home and decided to camp just a few miles from house for last night, we've arrived late home couple of times but are perfectly happy to camp on the drive as it's better than many a campsite.

Steve k

I'm new so indulge me, what do you need a white peg for?

TheSearles - 2017-06-17 7:10 PM

Steve k

I'm new so indulge me, what do you need a white peg for?

Andrew,

Steve answered this question in the very next post...

stvekay - 2017-06-17 12:19 PM

Sorry, just meant on caravan club sites you have to park with one corner of van by a white peg.

Regards Steve Kelly

You've obviously never camped on a C&MC site :D

Keith.

Errr.......i'm wondering why the obvious hasn't been asked. :-S

Why buy a motorhome if only driving "2 miles up the road to a C&CC site"? :-S

In fact why buy a vehicle at all?? :-S

Will reminds me of a mate of mine who splurges out on a brand new car which only ever gets used for his five day work commute of around 10 miles. Never ever uses it for anything else. Would be cheaper to use taxis on a contract.

Don636 - 2017-06-18 8:19 AM

We have been using Camping & Caravan Club sites for 3 years now and this is the first time I have heard of the use of white pegs as no-one running these sites have ever mentioned this?

Don,

The C&CC is the 'other' of the 2 big clubs and seem to be a bit more liberal in how you pitch. The C&MC (Formerly CC) have always had a reputation for stricter pitching rules.

And agree with Jon, watch out for the different coloured pegs or it'll come back and bite :D

Keith.

TheSearles - 2017-06-18 7:53 AM

I haven't camped anywhere yet lol. Collect the new (to us) MH next week, first C&MC site mid July - I'll look out for white pegs!

Nah! You dont want to do that! Once you start using these C&CC and Caravan Club sites its a slippery slope if you ask me. Before you know it you will be wearing beige crimplene trousers and putting up net curtains. Find a wild spot up in the mountains somewhere or get up the Alps. :D

This peg business explains why i've never been "a clubby". If i go on a site i park up, plug in if on ehu and get on with it. If i go off for the day and return to find someone in "my" spot......tough. Sometimes i've left my ehu cable on the mains box.......nobody will nick it as it's standard UK heavy mauling gauge and no foreigners use that.

Archived