Wiper and dipped beam fault

Marky Vans

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and looking for a little help.

I have a 2008 Peugeot Boxer 2.2 self converted camper.

The problem I have is the wipers are failing and stopping about half way through the stroke.

The dipped beam will not stay on, and the two faults do seem to be connected.

I removed the wiper motor assembly complete and found that the drivers side wiper spline was very stiff and corroded.

I disassembled it cleaned it out and re greased it and it worked for about a week before the fault returned.

I replaced the wiper motor but that had no affect.

I removed the passenger side front bumper corner to access three earthing points on the front panel and cleaned these up and this seemed to work for a couple of days but them the fault came back.

I called out a mobile auto electrician and the only fault he could find was a bad earth on the battery.

He moved the earth strap and it worked for a couple of days before the fault returned.

I have since replaced the earth strap from the gearbox to the body and fitted an extra one from the body to the front lifting point on the engine but this didn't make any difference.

I fitted a new fuse box in the engine compartment last January due to a water issue and that solved the bad starting issue.

I have checked all the wiring and plugs in the fuse box and all looks good.

The wipers and dipper lights work fine with just the ignition on but fail when the van is running.

I have just noticed that the wipers seem to speed up just before the fail like there is a surge of power.

Not sure whether I now need to look at the Body Computer or the wiper stalk on the steering column.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Just an update on my fault plus new faults.

My issue was down to the body computer failing, I found a thread on this site and the person had the same issue and had to have the body computer changed.

I took a chance and ordered one from Peugeot at £440 and they charged me half hours labor to code it to the vehicle job done.

Not long after this I had an intermittent problem where the van wouldn't rev past 3000 and the engine made some strange noises.

No engine light came on so I changed the EGR valve as I thought it was the most likely culprit.

As soon as I changed it the van it started cutting out at junctions which it had never done before.

Finally an engine management light came on and said it was a Fuel Pressure Regulator fault.

I bought a genuine Peugeot part at £106 and that cured the cutting out, plus it is starting much better than it did before.

Now however I am getting some strange noises from the engine. I can start the van and the engine can sound sweet, I can drive off and come to a junction and the engine will be knocking really bad you can feel it through the clutch pedal. If I turn the engine off and restart it it will be quiet again no real pattern to it but it is getting more frequent.

Ant help would be a appreciated the van is a 2008 Peugeot Boxer 2.2

The drivers window regulator has just packed up, never had a vehicle like it!

Archived