charging 10inch tablet.

chas

I am finding it takes for ages to recharge my tablet in the motorhome. I have a 100watt solar panel which always keeps my 120 amp leisure battery well charged, showing about 13.5v . I have used a USB plug socket which connects direct to the leisure battery. This will charge at 1amp which I feel is too slow to top up the tablet at a reasonable time period. My 240v charger passes about 2amps to charge and have used this via a 150watt inverter, but the inverter gets quite warm after an hour.

Was wondering if I used a modern 300watt inverter this could cope better both cooler and output wise than my older 150watt one. I want to charge at a max of 2amps like when at home.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem, save having to wait hours to fully charge the tablet. Thanks

A 2018 Auto Express review of car USB chargers is here

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/36201/best-12v-usb-car-adaptors-2018-group-test

As will be evident from the review (and has Keith has suggested) a USB outlet capable of delivering 2A+ will really be needed to charge a tablet fairly quickly. A 1A outlet will take forever...

Hi,

I have found that charging my laptop or phone battery is quicker using a portable 'power bank'. This can be left on charge all day (on a USB source) in order to let it fully charge. Once charged it releases charge quickly to devices plugged in to it. Powerbanks start at a few pounds, but consider one for al leat £25 for your needs.

Archived