euro 6 engines

Fesspark2

My uneducated guess is that it may do so depending upon when the vehicle was first registered and who filled in the initial registration application.. My May 2017 registered motorhome has blank against Euro Status and Version MS35/BG4.

My 2017 Ford Fiesta also has Euro status blank whilst Variant shows Euro 6 W.

Can of worms and I am sure you will get different replies from other people.

Our last van was a Peugeot based 2.2 hdi of 2011 registration, although I don't recall when the chassis cab was made and due to production delays and bulk buying of units, chassis production can be different.

The logbook did not state which Euro it was so we assumed Euro 4 which was fine, and still would be fine, for our type of perceived use.

Different dealers told us different things, one said Euro 4 and another said Euro 5, so beware the value of any opinions given.

Perhaps the maker, when given the engine number, would be able to advise accurately as it appears there are several different levels of Euro 5 and 6 classifications but I don't know what they are or how they affect use.

When the V5C format was updated to include the field 'Euro status' I'm not sure, but my 2015 van's V5C had no such field whilst my current 2020 van's V5C does.

Whether the V5C field itself contains any data seems to depend upon what information was provided to DVLA on the first registration form, i.e. the data seems to be optional, as the following 2 snips from DVLA's Vehicle Check illustrate (2 new vans registered at the same time by different dealers).

c1.JPG.068c3e7eecdbc538de8aa02dc325cd23.JPG

c2.JPG.0fd6e02e5bce1520e7b444eaac7300db.JPG

Using the Low Emission Zone checker for London seems to give variable designations. I thought that only Euro 6 engines are exempt from the charge, but going online with my registration number it says I am exempt even though the engine is Euro 5 as far as I know. I have taken a screenshot of the website in case there is any comeback after my forthcoming trip into the zone.

Dick

The following link relates to London’s Low Emission Zone (LEZ) - not to be confused with London’s Ultra Low Emmission Zone (ULEZ) that has much more stringent rules.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone/your-vehicle-and-lez

and there’s a handy table here

https://lruc.content.tfl.gov.uk/ulez-lez-comparison-table.pdf

Aa I read the LEZ rules, provided that a diesel-fuelled motorhome has a GVW not exceeding 3500kg and at least a Euro 3 motor, it won’t attract a LEZ charge.

Archived