ford injector again

tazdog6007

Nine months ago i went through the Mk8 transit injector/dipstick replacement problem solver. Going to and returning from a trip to Brighton last week,i started to experience the service required warning on the dash along with a loss of power, this occurred on and off the time in between less and less.I took the camper into my local Ford agent,who diagnosed an injector fault.Having dealt with the problem last time they were as surprised as me this again is the fault.On ordering another set he noted they were a different part number, assuming to be a modified design. Now the wait for the fitting.Any one else had this situation?

There was some concern expressed on one of the Ford / Transit forums last year (when the initial injector problems arose) about how replacing injectors on a like-for-like basis would pan out when motorhomes had been left standing for some time (i.e. over winter), given that the inital problems were supposedly due to tip corrosion from standing. Seems like you have supplied the answer.

I found out this morning that my former Transit, which had all 4 injectors replaced from new last March (and in to April !) has had one of the replacements replaced since I p/xed it. Maybe a different part number suggests that there has been some modification done to actually address the problem long term this time ?

Don't you just love "Development by End User" ! Hope yours gets sorted permenantly soon.

This is a very recent Ford Transit Forum(FTF) injector-related entry

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=187456

There’s also an interesting 2017 discussion here

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=180458

where it’s said (confidently) that Transit 2.0litre Euro 6 powerplants are ‘mechanically’ identical and it’s just the software that controls whether the motor has 105PS, 130PS or 170PS. The motor’s technical specification is shown here

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/Europe/documents/productReleases/Transit/FordTransitEcoBlue_TechSpecs_EU.pdf

and it would certainly be unusual if an output of 170PS could be obtained reliably from a motor producing 105PS merely by software remapping.

The Ducato 2.3litre Euro 6 powerplant is offered with an ouput of 130, 150 or 180bhp, but a variable-geometry turbocharger is fitted to the 150 motor and the 180 variant has further mechanical revisions.

The following question was asked yesterday in the CamperVans and Conversions part of the FTF

"Thinking of buying a Mk8 Motorhome

Post by evans88 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:24 pm

I am seriously considering buying a motorhome based on the Mk8 Transit. I understand that many such Transit's have had serious fuel injector problems. Does anyone know whether the issue has now been resolved in respect of 2018 vehicles or am I likely to have to go through the inconvenience of having new injectors fitted under warranty after purchase? Many thanks.”

Further to Derek's helpful post above. If you go into the search section of the Ford Transit forum and enter "fuel injector problems" you will see the search reveals 96 pages relating to fuel injector problems some of which relate to vehicles only days old. One poster is having problems with his motorhome bought at the end of last month but the majority are not motorhome related. That would suggest the problem doesn't only exist in vehicles that have been left standing or not used very often as suggested earlier or that the part has been modified due to the issues that have been raised. That doesn't of course explain the different part numbers for injectors raised in the original post.

Archived