gas knob leaking on dometic hob

HelenT

Calling all experts. On our last trip we spotted a problem with one of the gas knobs on our Dometic hob started to leak gas when we were using the gas ring which is controlled by that knob. The van is a 2017 Weinsberg Carabus - so not that old. Is there something that we can do to fix this fault or can a motorhome engineer fix this? Or is it likely that we need a completely new hob/sink combo?

Helen

It should certainly be practicable to cure the gas-leakage fault by replacing a valve or seal.

However (as the 1st photo attached below will show) gaining access to the underside of the hob looks challenging as a fridge is below it, and - as you’ve mentioned - the motorhome has a combination hob/sink unit.

The photo shows a Dometic HSG 2445 unit (advert here)

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/outdoor/uk/products/food-and-beverage/mobile-kitchen/sinks/dometic-hsg-2445-_-20640

and (as will be apparent from the advert and the 2nd image attached below) the two operating knobs for the hob-burners are behind the sink. It seems near certain then that the hob/sink unit will need to be removed to be able to gain sufficient access to the knobs to effect a repair.

Weinsberg-Carabus-541-MQ-Kitchen.jpg.60d2642b0e189d1eb651f51899a3d9ab.jpg

hob-sink.jpg.ac62a9a4ed1061a7000f5164177694e5.jpg

Thanks everyone. Derek has posted photos of our exact set up. I have made contact with a motorhome servicing chap - just now trying to get him to give me a date for looking at it. I think he is really busy. I am assuming that it would be best not to get a Habitation check done until we have this fixed!

Archived