how do you empty waste in swift sunseeker?

gp1

A collapsible bucket is a good idea even though most caravan sites have a motorhome service point. If you cannot empty direct into the service point, empty into the bucket and take it to a disposal point.

The pipe should have a tap on it, usually at the end. Opening the tap will let the waste water flow.

As people have said, someone needs to talk you through how the van works. Have you a manual?

Thankyou yes a bucket sounds good. Thought it was more complicated than that. Seen those carts on wheels and buckets with two hoses coming out (on caravans). So this pipe is grey water coming from the sink? And maybe the shower? There is a spanner type thing in the tool bag which i thought might be something to do with it. Yes i havent really had a chance to chat to anyone on a campsite yet. Thanks very much.

Caravanners cannot drive up to a motorhome service point and dump their waste. Hence they need to have the cumbersome waste tank on wheels. Caravans usually have a waste pipe for each sink and so will fix a pipe to each outlet - usually the pipes run into each other after leaving the caravan so just one pipe goes into the waste container.

If the spanner thing is metal, it might be to fit the gas cylinders so you can change them when one runs out of gas. I should think all caravanners and motorhome carry some sort of spanner to change the gas bottles.

Do you know when your gas and electrical systems were last checked by a competent engineer/technician?

Don’t be shy asking a motohomer on site for advice. I had to do this when I started and there are still times when I need help from others.

Thankyou very much yes that explains things. Those things were puzzling me. Think i remember seeing a waste point now as you drive in. It was near the recycling bins. Must have subliminally noticed it. The spanner when i saw it i just thought oh waste pipe. Id seen a picture of an extension used to get more leverage on the handle as i expect they get pretty rusted up. There wasnt a spanner that came with the motorhome for the gas bottle. I will have to get an adjustable one and test it. Doing it on the grass is much easier as its impossible inside the compartment. Also someone said i needed a longer hose. Cheers.

Archived