myLPGeu

sandalwood

Trying to load this on to POI on my Garmin, shows all LPG garages in France. Need to know where in Normandy/Brittany I can get liquid gas? Is easily available?

2 Hrs speaking to Garmin, they can’t do it! Am at wits end if I can’t fill up. New user to LPG.

Help required please?

Taylor

Sorry Taylor can't help with how to load the POI onto Garmin (I use TomTom) but don't panic if you don't get it done before your trip - LPG (GPL in France) is quite widely available, particularly on the main routes. Often on the motorways the advance notices for the services will tell you if GPL is available.

David

Another site that I value is fuelflash.eu where it is possible to pick a town and then set a radius. It covers diesel, petrol and of course LPG. It has the added advantage of prices being updated almost daily.

Probably not available as a downloadable file to a satnav, but assuming you have at least one 11kg bottle, you should be good for a couple of weeks. Plenty of time to access free WiFi along your route and select a fill up location.

Davy

You need the file in .gpx format for transfer to a Garmin using POI loader. The myLPGeu website offers .csv format.

You'll need to download GPSbabel ("Google" it), which will convert the .csv file to .gpx. I last used it a few years back, and it wasn't that intuitive, but it does work.

Name the file when you save it as .gpx and, if you don't already have the Garmin mapping on your computer, save it to the computer desktop.

Then start POI loader, connect Garmin to computer, let POI loader find the Garmin, navigate to the computer desktop file you just saved, and let POI loader save the file to the Garmin.

Disconnect (be sure to check if you need to tell the computer to close the connection first, as necessary) and then start the Garmin, look under where to, then categories, then custom POIs, and you should find the file.

sandalwood - 2019-01-15 9:39 PM

Yes loaded poi it asks for name, when put it in says no exist. Frustrating!

it doesn't see it because the file you have downloaded is a zip file....you have to un zip it and then the garmin loader sees it, the csv. file is correct for garmin

Jonathan

Archived