nexxo55,696g

fesspark

For the habitation door to be integrated into the motorhome’s central-locking system the door’s lock will need to be ‘powered’ (normally electrically).

Evidence that the door’s lock is powered electrically will be either electrical connectors in the door and the door’s frame that link together when the door is fully closed, or a flexible ‘trunk’ entering the door that carries electrical wiring. If your motorhome’s has neither of those features it’s a fair bet that the door is not locked centrally. If it has either of those features but doesn’t lock centrally, you may have a problem.

(I’m guessing from on-line adverts that your 2014 model only has cab central-locking, but what does its Burstner Owner Manual say?)

Hi Derek,have checked my manual and it looks as though there should be central locking on all 3 doors, The company that replaced my hab door as it was faulty did not recconnect it I think,Burstner have told me that they don,t have hab door central locking on this model but it is wired up.I cannot remember if the original door locked?someone is not being straight It seems?

My hab door doesn't have central locking (van built around 08/09) with Hartal door.

I'm quite glad really because the cab door sometimes locks itself of it's own accord (via the Fiat electronics). We always exit via the hab door and lock it manually, then arm the separate alarm system.

We met a Brit couple in France who had inadvertently locked themselves out via the central locking with keys in the van. Luckily the large roof vent was open, so with the help of my ladder they managed to gain entry.

So, beware of what you wish for !!! My philosophy is to try to keep things as simple as possible, so that at least you have some control over these electronic gremlins (or possibly user error as in my earlier anecdote).

I owned a Nexxo 55 685 and that definitely was not central locking on the habitation door. Not that it was a problem to turn the key. I now have a Pilote which has central locking on the habitation door which has just stopped working so it is back to turning the key again until it can be fixed.

Petra - 2016-06-27 3:43 PM

...I now have a Pilote which has central locking on the habitation door which has just stopped working so it is back to turning the key again until it can be fixed.

My Rapido 640’s Hartal habitation door is integrated into the Ducato’s central-locking system. The system clearly ‘knows’ when the habitation door is not properly closed (or ‘believes’ that the habitation door is not properly closed even though it is!) and will then refuse to centrally lock the cab doors.

I don’t know what model of Pilote you now have (your Profile still indicates you’ve got a Chausson) but, if you can centrally lock its cab doors despite the habitation door no longer locking centrally, you are lucky.

We changed the Nexxo because the layout did not work for us as we found the toilet compartment was very cramped and once the island bed was fully extended it was difficult for me on the nearside to get past the end of the bed to get to the loo. On the offside it was very easy. Also we did have a few problems with the motorhome, it seemed every time we went away something didn't work. We had problems with the gas, the fridge had to be replaced, the alloy wheels had to be replaced as well as a few other things. We think we had a Friday van!

We now have a Pilote 710 Sensation which has a French bed and although it is more difficult for hubby it is great for me.

Yes we lost money on the Nexxo, probably around £20,000 in two years although the dealer is trying to make £10,000 on it. Don't believe that motorhomes hold their value.

Thanks for your reply, the most we were offered after 21 months for our nexxo was approx £40.000.00 against a more expensive model, we did not think it warrented loosing £16.000.00 in that short time.Your right about the greed of dealers.

Archived