pre-wired for rear view camera HELP

Way2Go

We have 2013 Fiat Ducato Coral 670 SLT which appears to be pre-wired for a rear view camera. There is a coil wound up with a picture of a camera attached so that’s my guess :-D

It’s a 6 pin female connection and presumably the other end is somewhere under the dashboard?

I currently use a foreword looking dashcam from the car but don’t always remember to transfer it so would like to buy a front and rear view cameras and maybe use the unnecessary rear view mirror type as the current rear view mirror is useless as the bathroom blocks the view from behind.

I’m having difficultly finding a wiring diagram for the Coral that shows which wire is which and the rear/front camera sets seem to be a jack plug?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/professional/uk/products/lorry-solutions/rear-view-systems/dometic-perfectview-cam-45-nav-_-56064

This is the camera on our van. It has a grey 6 pin cable with a female end. The rear camera has a short cable with a. Plug that fits into the cable and the front end has a short cable that plugs in. It has three wires red black and yellow red and black for power and the yellow one if connected to positive turns the image back to fron. I got the camera wiring cable and front harness from a German seller on eBay muchcheaper than dometic. All brand new and boxed. Hope that helps.

I should add the our Burstner has a pioneer sat nav which incorporates the reversing camera.

But, be aware that there have been variations in which wire is used for which functions at both camera and monitor. I.e there was/is no standardisation between the various manufacturers. So you may need adaptor cables at either or both ends. As your van is an Adria, it would probably be easiest to find out from the selling dealer whose system Adria supply/fit, on the assumption that the wiring will be for a system of that brand. Armed with that, if you don't like the system Adria favour, you should be able to source the correct adaptors to suit your preferred kit.

Way2Go - 2022-08-01 7:32 PM

That’s interesting. Thank you I’ll have a look as soon as I work out where the ‘B’ pillar is. I’m assuming it’s the door hinge post at the corner of the windscreen?

No, that is the 'A' post, the next one back is the 'B' post, ie the one the front doors close onto.

paul2 - 2022-08-02 1:22 PM

The cable for the rear view camera on my Adria twin was by the battery box

and on my Adria Sun Living it was in the battery box

Paul

Thanks Paul my battery box is under the seat so I’ll have a look. Thank you for the information.

Archived