previous motorhomes

Guest gary

Dormobile Freeway NOR 808L on a Bedford CF 2.3litre Greeny blue (torquoise if thats spelt correct!) Posh model with Fridge and big engine! Homebuilt on a Bedford Duple Vista coach. MRF 232L Conversion bits sourced from MFI and many from Beaulieu Boat Jumble. Last seen heading towards Ireland with a couple of youngsters who changed her red white and blue livery to part green and fitted a smokestack for their wood burner! Nostalga!

Hi Mell and all, Seasonal Salutations to one and all. Looking forward this year to 5 shows, 4 weeks in France and 2 weeks in Ireland with the RV, a month in Australia / NZ visiting relations (Prob early 2007) and lots more besides. Plus looking after mother-in-law (90) who still has all her marbles once a week unless special arrangements are made. But I only answered the question, or did I? Keep taking the pills! Happy New Year to all. Clive

Hi all, Well its a bit off theme but who,s looking! Mother-in-law is a diamond, soon be 91, lives by herself out in the sticks by choice and can talk the hind leg off -- er um Diamond Dave for example. We take her shopping every Thursday normally all day around Winchester & Southampton & Easeleigh. But it does mean that if the Mrs and I want to escape for a break we have to make other arrangements for Mum-in-Law to ensure she looks after herself properly. If there is a MMM show on then we take her out on a Wednesday. Sometimes she looks after our bungalow which puts her close to our two kids and their families who keep an eye on her. Other times Janets brother and familly looks after her needs for a few weeks, but traditionally its the Daughters job in a familly to look after the old ones. She keeps her marbles in her handbag, if you don,t believe me just let her clout you with it! Good film the other night about the ride on mower powered DIY caravan in America. Bunch of twigs etc. Happy New Year C.

Guest David Powell
GXH 392, was our first one, is on the Isle of Wight,the present owner contacted me looking for spare parts and its history. He has returned it to it's original glory as a Green Godess fleet 3 litre Austin mobile canteen, but painted in it's proper war time 1942 colour of battle ship grey, as it was when in the Bristol Aux;Fire Brigade during world war 2. He bought it from a company that rents out vintage vehicles to film companys. I have been informed that it has been in a few war time films. He visits steam and vintage vehicle rallies to show it off. I must visit some time as I have a spare water pump for it, and more important he told me I could take it for a drive. When I say drive I mean "DRIVE", crash box, double de-clutch and all. That was real driving, one snag! no shock absorbers. I sold it to the Fire Brigade vehicle preservation Society. Looking back I wish I had kept it. But it had to go, as my then teen aged daughters said they were embarrassed by every body stopping to look at it when they were in it. But that did not stop my elder daughter taking it on holiday when she later married. How many of you out there wish you still had your first M/Home now ?

Guest Will Redfearn,Wirral Motorhome Club
Where are they now? VW Devon Eurovette Green/White PBF 941R VW Leisuredrive HiTop White 1600 diesel B603 KBG Searle Carawagon LWB Landrover offwhite with aircon full length roofrack reg forgotten last seen driving into the sunset in Cheshire.

Alright, here goes, we've owned: Elddis Autoquest 320 (dinette version) H273 ECR (known as Hector), sold to Brownhills in September 2001, a good solid camper with a spot on gear-change. Swift Suntor 590RS (dinette version) FE51 PEO - this one was a bit of a lemon especially the 'indoor swimming pool'! PX'd it back to Brownhills in May 2003 - couldn't wait to get shot of it! Anybody know where they are now? This is a bit like Friends Reunited, hopefully without the divorces and affairs!!!

My first car was a 1946 Austin 10 with an Austin 12 engine. Wallnut dash, wind out front screen, front opening doors, side valve engine, points capacitor and coil. It did NOT go round corners and all my mates who came along for rides ensured it didn,t go round roundabouts either, normally directly across!. I bet this isn't the last post?

Archived