protection of interior skirting due to travel cot

gp1

gp1 - 2018-06-18 10:42 AM

……………………………. what products would stick to the skirting to protect it and not leave sticky residue afterwards.

Blue - Tac any good ? That comes off cleanly from most surfaces.

(?)

Sorry van in wales. Im in england. The legs of the travel cot are getting wedged in the sides of the motorhome standing area. You know where the blowers are. The feet of the cot i should say. Just wondering if there was any such thing as strips you can put along the skirting to protect the wood. Cheers.

Camping shops sell foam bed rolls for tent dwellers, It is about half a centimetre thick and comes in rolls. I use this to protect the sides of a pan cupboard in my van. Blue-tac or similar should be enough to hold the foam in place.

Whilst you are in the shop, get a roll or two of rubberised non slip matting if the inside of your cupboards have not been lined with the stuff - only necessary to line the bottom of the cupboards; the matting stops things moving around and reduces the inevitable bangs and crashes from your contents - especially pots and pans - as you drive along.

Yes like the sound of thin upvc film from window shop. Thats just what i need. Covering the feet of the cot i thought of but this thing gets taken apart quite a bit.its really good for a cot it just fits but is tapered at the bottom for stability so wider there. These feet stick out. Only thing it doesnt fold legs have to be dismantled bayonet style. Might do the rest of the van in it there isnt alot of space to move around and the entrance is very narrow. Can see that the laminate is very susceptable to loosing its bonding with the wood esp at corners. Cheers. Blue tack is worth getting was thinking about putting up a picture but its prob good for other things. The habitation door doesnt stay in its little clasp so sways about in the wind so maybe some blue tack in the crevice would give it some grip. Same for the gas bottle flap which came down on my head when i was least expecting it they are quite heavy.

Yes the slip mat i bought is prob best thing ive bought. It was a fiver but stretches from the sink to the oven - over everything. It lets the crumbs through which is ok but is great. Need a smaller one for where telly goes. On subject found buying a daily mail was really usefull. For fish and chips and stuffing inside trainers to get them dry. And for changing nappies. And also somewhere to put shoes when come in.

Archived